Honeycomb 3.1 and Skype Video Calls not working

Thriving83

Jul 27, 2011
Hi,

I have the Toshiba Thrive and I can't get Skype to do video calls. The screen just goes blank and I usually have to reboot.

Anyway aroudn this? Does anyone else have the same issue?

Thanks

wicced247

Jul 23, 2011
Hi,

I have the Toshiba Thrive and I can't get Skype to do video calls. The screen just goes blank and I usually have to reboot.

Anyway aroudn this? Does anyone else have the same issue?

Thanks

Skype have not been video calling on wifi only tablets yet, i have read many different forms an websites and tried many different versions of Skype and all i can do is text. Just like everyone else, you will just have to be patient for a working version.

Sent from my Coby Kryos MID7024 not-rooted with 16gb microSD

diamondtop

Jul 27, 2011
I have used skype in mines (galaxy tab 10.1) worked fine with voice calling. Have not tried video yet.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Tablet Forum

wicced247

Jul 23, 2011
I have used skype in mines (galaxy tab 10.1) worked fine with voice calling. Have not tried video yet.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Tablet Forum

Please confirm if video calls works. I can voice call too with no problem

kfhastings

Jul 30, 2011
I also have the same problem. I can get audio on Skype calls, but no video. Additionally, the screen goes black as soon as the audio connects. There seems to be no way out except to hard reboot. A total pain! Has anyone talked to Toshiba about it?

Aug 1, 2011
I love my Toshiba Thrive, but still waiting for "sleep" glitch fix although I have not experienced it of late.
I too await the remedy for the Video chat in Skype.
When I try to register in Tango for chat...it wants a phone # to IM verification. VM doesn't give one with "Hotspot". Anyone else get it to work?
SMS (texting) not emailing w/o being in network like Skype, on tablet. Suggest good app for that?
Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Sent from. my AT105 Thrive 32g using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

miked

Jul 31, 2011
Skype for Android only supports about 4 models (for video). Check out at their web site which ones.

wicced247

Jul 23, 2011
I love my Toshiba Thrive, but still waiting for "sleep" glitch fix although I have not experienced it of late.
I too await the remedy for the Video chat in Skype.
When I try to register in Tango for chat...it wants a phone # to IM verification. VM doesn't give one with "Hotspot". Anyone else get it to work?
SMS (texting) not emailing w/o being in network like Skype, on tablet. Suggest good app for that?
Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Sent from. my AT105 Thrive 32g using Android Tablet Forum

Sign up for google voice and install app.. only text works so use ur free number to sign up.

liholdder

Jul 14, 2011
So, Skype video call is still not available on common Android devices, isn't it? Any confirmedness?

wicced247

Jul 23, 2011
Hi, wicced247, if you make it work, please let me know. Thanks :)

Im seeing in other forms that video call its working mobile to mobile and for computer to mobile the computer user has to send the video call or it will freeze.... not sure how true it is as yet but will test

coolman

Aug 10, 2011
Skype video not approved on this unit yet. However, the screen going blank when a call is recevied is due to the Automatic Screen Brightness feature. If you hold you thumb over the screen brightness sensor (faint blue dot about 1.5 inches to the right of the WiFi LED), the system will turn the screen back on. Skype must be having an issue with the sensor.