How Can I Upgrade My Coby Kyros 7015 from OS 2.1 to 2.3?

JustparaDOX

Mar 8, 2011
Can anyone help? I saw Koby Tablet Zone and its confusing I don't understand it. Please help I want to upgrade my OS?

promek1

Feb 25, 2011
go here:...Log in

make sure you follow the directions carefully! Then scroll down to add the other steps, its a 4 step process and the 5th is optional for honeycomb hybrid! Also, make sure you have your drivers installed for windows xp or windows 7. whichever you have.. if you are on Xp is the easiest, no problems.. xp drivers are in the 1st step when setting up... Good luck.

JustparaDOX

Mar 8, 2011
I tried to do steps through 5 and I don't see much other than a couple new app's I'm cornfused I must not be good at com pu terz I want to soup up this pieace of dung... :D

promek1

Feb 25, 2011
if you did step #5 patch then you are on honeycomb hyrbrid.
1-first of all did you install the 2.3.1 image?
2- have you scrolled all the way down and see the other steps? the next step is the Gingerbread Easy ROOT?
3- then Clockwork Installation script?
4-then do the Gingerbread GBV25.0 GB32 for coby 7015 patch?..

if all these are done and you said you are step 5 which is optional then you are on honeycomb hybrid!!!

install Adobe Flashplayer, and if you have a netflix account you can watch movies on your coby. With the original 2.1 Rom you couldnt..
also you can move APPS to SD to save some Memory space! plus the tablet is much more responsive and faster, and games will play alot better like AngryBirds

mrbean1957

Mar 28, 2011
The instructions aren't the most user friendly, I'm a member there but I'm not going to attempt it until I have a back-up tablet.