How can u open up a tablet?

Kuman

Sep 20, 2013
I have a hardware issue. The charging socket of my Coby Kyros MID 7035 broke so I can't charge it. I need to open it up so I can see what can be done. The part's right inside clicking freely, I hear it.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I don't have a 7035, but look carefully on the back. Coby generally used one screw on each corner, hidden beneath a rubber plug that can be popped out.

Kuman

Sep 20, 2013
unfortunately it seems it's not the case of 7035. there's nothing like that on it.

TY

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
@Kuman: The 7035 likely is snapped together if there are no screws. Thus you should be able to separate the halves if you work something flat like a guitar pick into the seam.

@kevinthefixer: Even if his tablet does have charging capability it will take four times longer to charge it due to current draw limitations of the port. In short, the port wasn't designed for charging.

Kuman

Sep 20, 2013
@Kuman: The 7035 likely is snapped together if there are no screws. Thus you should be able to separate the halves if you work something flat like a guitar pick into the seam.

@kevinthefixer: Even if his tablet does have charging capability it will take four times longer to charge it due to current draw limitations of the port. In short, the port wasn't designed for charging.

After looking @ it a lot I got to the same conclusion. I'll apply the pick idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kuman

Sep 20, 2013
I managed to open it up. It seems the charging socket had fallen apart. I'll need to soldier it. Luckily it's not disassembled. Any advice?

kevinthefixer

Developer
Feb 10, 2014
Unless you are an old hand at it, practice soldering on some copper wire first, then on a circuit board out of something that doesn't work. Use static precautions, one little spark of static electricity could completely destroy your tablet. You will probably want about a 25-watt pencil iron and a teflon-tipped desoldering tool and some fine (16-18 gauge) rosin-core or electrical solder. You might look for a tutorial on U-Tube.