how do you use your tablet

sungod88

Nov 22, 2010
So I just brought my huawei ideos s7 and I have mainly been using it for reading ebooks and comics and surfing while at work. I was wondering how others use their tablets. Its a great little device but the no 3g is pissing me off so I wanna cut this rubber out lol.

Anyone have any cool games or apps to recommend?

thek135

Apr 19, 2011
My S7 has 3G, in fact I think they all do, do you just not have a SIM or something?

Also, get xScope, it's a great browser, looks a lot like Chrome too.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Its a great little device but the no 3g is pissing me off so I wanna cut this rubber out lol.

You should be able to get a pre-paid SIM for 3G on this tablet. There are several threads on this topic in the forums.

dracu_n_dulap

Jun 23, 2011
It's my media player at work, i use it with my bluetooth headphones and the charger always connected :D

at home i'm always fixing what i break by (trying) creating custom roms and flashing them.

Gfire

Feb 19, 2011
I use my Tablet almost every day. It is my phone some days. I swap the sim between with my T-mobile Comet aka Huawei IDEOS U8150, because sometimes its just too big to lug around. It sits next to my Tv chair while I watch the tube. I take it into my garage and plug it into an old speaker setup i have out there and use it as a streaming media server. And every night I use it to stream Art Bell radio programs. I use it for quick web surfing, checking forum posts, and I also use it alot with my Sling Box. And I use it as a GPS unit in my car, I found a nice mount and with the bluetooth function on my car stereo it kicks butt. I have 3 chargers in my house and a 12v charger in my car. ( they are all XM satellite chargers ) All in All I love my S7 Immensely! I don't even care if the Chinese Army is spying on me! LMFAO!

My only complaint isn't even with Huawei. It's with Tmobile.:mad: I want phone and data damn it! I have a AT&T Sim for 3G but its so damn expensive to use as a prepay option That I never use it.

Last edited:

sungod88

Nov 22, 2010
I provably should have elaborated I'm using the s7 slim. They decided to cancel the 3g feature right before release so there is a piece of rubber where the simcard should go but I'm working on removing it lol. I see how u guys use yours and outside of the phone part I use mines pretty much the same I'm actually posting this from my s7 while at work lol

thek135

Apr 19, 2011
Sungod88, if you ever manage to get that piece of rubber out and pop a SIM in, could you tell us? I'd like to hear if they removed 3G capability altogether or just tried to stop you using it.

sungod88

Nov 22, 2010
Funny you should ask because I literally just removed it about an hour ago. Its simply glued to the top. After inserting I don't know what to do as I don't see anything about telephone or 3g in the menu. I hear there is a south African Roman that supports 3g but I couldn't get it to flash to my s7 slim

frednerk

May 16, 2011
Hi Mate my s7 has 3G and i use it as a reader for ebooks and audio books and keeping in touch with all the wonderful smart people fighting this global warming nonsense I love my co2.cheers