How to backup our IMX515????

Amrod

Mar 6, 2011
Hi everyone!

A few months ago I tried to sort this out with no luck whatsoever. I just want to backup my tablet before updating using adb. I've managed to connect the device wirelessly with adbwireless (my device refuses to be recognized by computers, the adb usb driver doesn't work) and I'm stuck when it's time to figure out using shell commands where is located the block5 (containing the full backup information).

In shell, I input "cat /proc/mtd and all I get is:

dev: size erasesize name

Under this text it is expected to get a full list of the different blocks and where are they mounted. Nothing happens.

Using root explorer, I've checked the content of /dev/block, and there's nothing but two empty folders ("dispd" and "vold"). Of course, if I ignore this and input anyway in shell "dd if=/dev/block/mtdblock5 of=/data/system.img" I get the expected message "cannot open for read: No such file or directory". I've searched "mtdblock" in root explorer with no results..

So... what now???!!! I'm desperate!!!

neildarlow

Jun 11, 2011
The command *mount* (asterisks for emphasis only) will show your mountpoints. I also think it should be /dev/blk/... instead of /dev/block/... It is on my tablet!

Sent from my imx51_bbg using Tapatalk

Amrod

Mar 6, 2011
I will try the command mount in adb, because I've just checked and there's no "blk" folder inside /dev

Amrod

Mar 6, 2011
Ok, using mount in shell I get a large list, wich includes:

$adb.jpg

As you can see, at the beginning, it points to three folders in /dev/block/, apparently hidden:

/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /system ext4 ro,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /data ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 /cache ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0

So.. There's no BACKUP option at all, I guess I'm stuck again :confused:

EDIT: I've given the KKMod rom toolkit a try, and.. surprise!! It refuses still to connect.. When I plug the usb otg cable that's what I get:

[190.308033] usb 2-7: device descriptor read/64, error -62

and

[192.032042] usb 2-7: device not accepting address 5, error -62
[192.616025] usb 2-7: device not accepting address 6, error -62

and

[192.616061] hub 2.0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 7
[230.432042] hub 2.0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 7

Remember that my tablet has never shown the usb icon when I've plugged it to any computer...

Any ideas??

Thanks a lot for your help!!

Last edited:

Amrod

Mar 6, 2011
Problem solved!!

Thanks to chiveicrook in slateroid forums, I tried the following in shell:

ls /dev/block

This is how I got a large list including several different mmcblk.. Assuming the number 5 was the backup, as in wikis seen elsewhere, I wrote:

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5 of=/sdcard/system.img

And VOILÀ, I got an image in my sdcard :)

After pulling it from sdcard to computer, I got a 302 MB image ;)

Hope it can help someone else ^_^

smanet78

Mar 26, 2011
Hi, i have a similar tablet and with this thread i backup system.img, data.img and cache o (best called) ramdisk.img. If i try to update my tablet with other firmware, how i can restore the firmware that i have backup?