How to display full computer webpages

evansm76

Jun 16, 2011
I want to display fulll computer webpages instead of the mobile without resorting to a different browser (e.g. Dolphin).

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Some websites (e.g., Yahoo) offer you an option at the bottom of the page to display Mobile or Desktop format.

evansm76

Jun 16, 2011
The following procedure worked on my Acer Iconia tablet and my Droid phone to display desktop websites on the stock Google Chrome browser.

Type About:debug in browser address line and hit Return
Select, in turn, Settings, Debug, and UAstring
Select Desktop (instead of Android)

Sent from my Acer Iconia A500 Tablet

XexDroid

Jul 6, 2011
I tried the debug thing & it just brought me to a Google search about what I typed in address line,,,,,,,why???

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using Android Tablet Forum

evansm76

Jun 16, 2011
It has to be typed in the address line not the search window. BTW, while it works it seems that it's temporary; the websites revert to mobile when I go back in. Has anyone found an answer to that?

Sent from my Acer Iconia

Nightwatchman

Jul 14, 2011
On the Asus Transformer (and some other Honeycomb tablets) :
You simply change the way the Browser identifies itself - go to the Browser settings (in top right-hand corner of the screen) tap Advanced and change the 'User agent string' (there's a choice of Tablet, Desktop or Mobile Phone) to Tablet. This is a permanent setting (until you change it) unlike (apparently) the Acer About:Debug setting.

sanjio786

Jul 11, 2011
Hello. I just started using a tablet, Elonex 10" (1000ET). So far I have been able to update the firmware from android 2.1 to android 2.2. Then I found a new browser called Skyfire 4.0. I got it from the Android Market. When I run this browser I get my full Facebook pages, not games, just like I was using a PC. I was shocked. This browser aparently has some properties that act a lot like Flash Player. It's not perfect but my surfing experience has improved a lot since I started using Skyfire. The only other issues I have with this tablet involve the micro sd card operations and using the RJ45 instead of wifi. I am also trying to find out why a tablet would have a problem connecting to the wifi signal coming from a Mifi. My tablet recognizes the signal but will not connect. I am currently using 3 but plan to unlock my Mifi and have the firmware flashed so I can use it with any provider. Anyway, I hope I have said a couple of things that will peak you interest. Sanjio

legion48

Aug 11, 2011
The following procedure worked on my Acer Iconia tablet and my Droid phone to display desktop websites on the stock Google Chrome browser.

Select, in turn, Settings, Debug, and UAstring
Select Desktop (instead of Android)

Sent from my Acer Iconia A500 Tablet

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Tablet Forum

Davy49

Aug 13, 2011
Hello All,
I own a Viewsonic gTablet running the VEGAn TAB GingerEdition ROM , I went into the settings area and changed not only the user agent to linux desktop, but also selected the full screen option, UAString to linux desktop...WOW, what a difference !
David :)