How to flash a recovery image onto my tablet?

Discussion in 'Telechips TCC8902 Tablets' started by tehmaster, May 2, 2011.

1. tehmaster

tehmaster Member

Tablet / Device:
    Epad Apad 7" Google Android WiFi Tablet PC MID
    Hello,

I recently purchased a generic telechip tablet, it has the same spec's as the m701 but it looks like a different model on the outside: this one in particular

$smartpad-android-tablet-1.jpg

After fixing the mali.ko problem, with the mali.ko file specifically for the m701, I think it is safe to say that this is in fact a m701 with a different case. In case it's not, I have already backed up everything.

I have rooted this tablet and set up adb tools and have been doing a lot of reading and researching on flashing ROM's. But before I begin, I am having trouble getting my tablet into recovery mode, I have read several different topics on this issue for the m701 (which needs the usb plugged in) and after several failed attempts to boot into recovery, I have concluded that I don't have the correct recovery img. I have found the correct recovery image for the telechip m701 but I am having trouble flashing it.

I put the recovery image in the nand and then attempted to run the following command prompt in sdk tools to push the correct recovery image:
    adb push recovery.M701.img /nand/recovery.M701.img
    adb shell sync
    adb shell flash_image recovery /nand/recovery.M701.img
    adb shell sync
    adb reboot recovery (and adb shell reboot recovery)

But when I attempt to run the adb push, it says the following: cannot stat 'recovery.M701.img /nand/recovery.M701.img': no such file or directory

But when I use Root Explorer, it is clearly in the nand.

Can someone please help me or point me in the right direction?