How to get and install coby kyros mid7022 stock recovery

TechMan334

Jan 1, 2012
When I rooted my mid7022 nobody told me that I had to make a backup of the stock recovery just incase I have to send it back in and I didn't make a back up:(. So I need the mid7022 stock recovery backup so I can revert back to my stock recovery and I would like to know is it possible to unistall clockwork mod recovery v.4.0.1.5.???

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

ChopShop

Jan 24, 2012
When I rooted my mid7022 nobody told me that I had to make a backup of the stock recovery just incase I have to send it back in and I didn't make a back up:(. So I need the mid7022 stock recovery backup so I can revert back to my stock recovery and I would like to know is it possible to unistall clockwork mod recovery v.4.0.1.5.???

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!
I am in the same boat! Anyone out there able to help us?

TechMan334

Jan 1, 2012
I tried that... my pc won't recognize my tablet as a fastboot device... :( it won't find the drivers needed.

Try doing this I think this will help you get the drivers you need.

Originally Posted by daprospecta
Here are the two links for clockwork recov and cm7
http://androtab.info/files/tcc8803/c...ery-signed.zip
http://androtab.info/files/tcc8803/c...gen-signed.zip

You will need to extract the recovery zip because the recovery img is in it. Go download the android sdk(google it) and when it's all done and installed go to this site(Free download button at the bottom)
https://rs823tl4.rapidshare.com/#!download|823l33|380196682|AdbWinApi.dll|106|R~FB 49C2FE0EB6A2A643527172EE0A5F05
and download this dll. It's called apdb32 something like it but anyway place that dll after you download it in your androidsdk\tools folder.Also put the recovery.img in the tools folder. Now turn your tablet off. Hold down the Menu button while turning it on you will get a message saying reset or plug in usb. Plug in your tablet to your pc and let windows install all the needed drivers(about 15 seconds). Open a command prompt and browse out to the tools directory once your sitting on that directory type 'fastboot flash recovery recovery.img' once that's done(5 secs) type 'fastboot reboot'. Your tablet will reboot and you know have CM recovery. I'm assuming you know how to install cm7 from recovery.MAKE A BACKUP FIRST.

TechMan334

Jan 1, 2012
The restoring stock recovery directions should work if you do it right because it worked for me when I used my cousin pc.

bzeemomof4

May 23, 2011
If I made a backup when I first was trying to install clockworkmod, can I use that image to restore in fastboot? If so, for the last step instead of entering fastboot flash recovery recoverystock.img would I instead type: fastboot flash recovery dumped_recovery.img
for some reason I do not think clockworkmod installed correctly and now my Kyros mid7022 will not go into recovery at all. I purchased two Kyros 7022 and am hesitant to try to install clockworkmod & superuser until I get it working on the first one. I got these as gifts for my twins and was trying to root so I could optimize them and now I am stuck :-( I appreciate your help!

Puma

Jun 12, 2012
coby MID7022 the device enter fastboot mode please connect usb to pc.

I am ready to suck start a pistol! I bricked my girlfriends 7022. All I wanted to do was to "Root" it and have "Google-Play" on the device. I see all types of posts on how to restore and root the device but no back up was made and a lot of the links to the programs are dead!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

TechMan334

Jan 1, 2012
coby MID7022 the device enter fastboot mode please connect usb to pc.

I am ready to suck start a pistol! I bricked my girlfriends 7022. All I wanted to do was to "Root" it and have "Google-Play" on the device. I see all types of posts on how to restore and root the device but no back up was made and a lot of the links to the programs are dead!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

Try resetting it by hit the small button on the back of the tablet and go from there. If that works for you then try z4 root or superoneclick to root your tablet that if you have a computer for the superoneclick.

Puma

Jun 12, 2012
Ok, so If someone could please give me live links to acquire the above mentioned software, that would be helpful. I've tried those, but it won't boot up. it takes me back to "the device enter fastboot mode please connect usb to pc." screen. How do I get it to boot up. I can't get it out of fastboot mode. Any ideas? Also I installed the SDK but it won't recognize the drivers!!! I'm so lost!