How to get the Nook to work on the online Marketplace.

Carbira1

Aug 7, 2010
I was wondering if anyone knew how to get my NC to work on the online marketplace (the one that you go to on your computer) It says that "Your device does not support this"

Thanks!

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
I was wondering if anyone knew how to get my NC to work on the online marketplace (the one that you go to on your computer) It says that "Your device does not support this"

Thanks!

Open any browser you have installed on your Nook and go to htpps://market.android.com

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
What are you running? 1.1? Custom ROM?

Have you been able to use the market app to download apps to your NC?

Have you tried downloading an app from the web-market that you KNOW works on the nc?

Wallop

Mar 18, 2011

Have you tried downloading an app from the web-market that you KNOW works on the nc?

Done the following:

1. I have gone to market.android.com, created a gmail account, and still get the same error as the other user wrote (Your device does not support this"). I did not root the Nook, just uploaded and installed Honecomb from the SD card. I can edit my settings, browse hte web, etc. but I cant download/install anything.

2. I also tried using my daughters google account (she can access the market palce and download via her andriod phone), but could not find away to even "add" a device through her account settings. The instructions and reality for doing this seem a tad bit at odds

As i metioned, I did not root the device and i am using the automatically updated 1.1 OS version that was delivered last month by B&N.

Really would like to get this solved, I can't download the other tools I need as i really do enjoy the HC interface.

Need someone smart to tell me what needs to be done!

THANKS.

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Done the following:

1As i metioned, I did not root the device and i am using the automatically updated 1.1 OS version that was delivered last month by B&N.

Really would like to get this solved, I can't download the other tools I need as i really do enjoy the HC interface.

If I am reading this correctly you are *not rooted* and possibly running HC from an SD card is that correct? If you are not rooted you will not have market access from a stock B&N device. If you are running HC from the SD card it will have its own set of Market issues since HC is only a preview.

Wallop

Mar 18, 2011
Thanks for the reply.

i am not rooted, had a tough time just getting the HC OS to work and the Nook to boot up. Not sure i have the technical background to "root" the device myself and not break it.

Wallop

Mar 18, 2011
will give it a shot....if it it doesnt work, will ait for the "lower than an idiot" guide..:eek:

Carbira1

Aug 7, 2010

1.1 rooted. Market on the device works fine I just would like to be able to use the online marketplace. Yes I have tried downloading an app that works on the NC.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Definitely weird. Does the online market see your device? (Just see it and say that the app is not compatible, or does it not see it at all?)

Have you tried using appbrain?

Last edited:

Carbira1

Aug 7, 2010
The online market does see my device. Have not tried using appbrain. Here is a pic of what is exactly going on.

Attachments

• $android market.png
    $android market.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 362