How to install games onto external sd card on coby mid8042.

stevephp

Dec 21, 2012

I have a coby mid8042 tablet,

was wondering is there a way to install apps and games stright to my external sd card, with out rooting my tablet.
im not to sure about rooting it.

Read some ware about changing the default location to install on, but dont know which program to use, can anyone please give some advice.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Apps and games cannot be installed directly onto the MicroSD, regardless of whether you are rooted or not. The apps all are installed in a the directory /data/app, which is located in the internal memory. Some apps, e.g. Bejeweled 2, will install portions of themselves in a hidden directory on the MicroSD card called .android-secure. However a portion must always reside in /data/app.

Changing the mount points, which may be what you were reading about, won't help. In fact, having apps in one particular place is by design. To understand why it is this way, read the following page, specifically section 4.3: Linux Partition HOWTO.

*dons moderator hat*

Thread moved to the Generation 3 forums, where you're likely to get a lot more responses.

MANIMOZHI

Sep 11, 2013

I have a coby mid8042 tablet,

was wondering is there a way to install apps and games stright to my external sd card, with out rooting my tablet.
im not to sure about rooting it.

Read some ware about changing the default location to install on, but dont know which program to use, can anyone please give some advice.
Google has done a great blunder in removing the feature of installing the applications on the External Micro SD Card. All the versions from ICS and above are not supporting installing of applications on the External Micro SD Card. Google thought that all the Android Users are having 16 GB, 32 GB internal SD Card. All the budget phones are having only 2 GB of internal storage which is very low which does not allow large games/applications.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi MANIMOZHI, congratulations on your new Karbonn tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets.

BTW I removed your email address for privacy reasons. If someone here wants to communicate with you, they'll use the PM feature of the forum.