How to mount external usb device

shep

Mar 18, 2011
Hi,

I have a Disgo 6000 running the stock android 2.1 and want to connect an external USB drive.

Any idea how to do this?

I have connected it to the "Host" and "OTG" ports, but with no luck - or at least it something happens the tablet doesn't do anything and I have no clue how to mount the thing manually.

Thanks,

Shep

tlgalenson

May 21, 2011
Sounds like it is not "recognizing" it. Exactly what USB drive are you trying to mount? A USB Stick, a hard drive?

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Hi,

I have a Disgo 6000 running the stock android 2.1 and want to connect an external USB drive.

Any idea how to do this?

I have connected it to the "Host" and "OTG" ports, but with no luck - or at least it something happens the tablet doesn't do anything and I have no clue how to mount the thing manually.

Thanks,

Shep

Shep,

Since you have a Disgo 6000 with 2.1 and there haven't been any official updates for that device, it may be the same issue as originally reported by "tipstir" way back on 11-17-2010 in this post http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...id-os-2-1-mid-1ghz-hdmi-tablet.html#post13895 where it was identified that the ports were NOT working and we were waiting on a software update to fix. As you know an official 2.2 update never materialized but we've been manually updating since April and the USB port works for external devices but doesn't allow us to mount the SD when connect to the PC. So we got one fix but it broke another feature.

Again, we're waiting on Disgo to release their promised update as the last one was Update 1.1 – 17th December 2010.