How to Play Music from NC through Car Stereo

Echo

Jul 18, 2011
I have an older model vehicle, so no fancy plug-ins available.

What gadget do I need to play my NC (with Nook2Android SD card installed) through my car stereo? Is there such a thing?

GRadu

Jun 24, 2011
Two gadgets come to mind...
If you have a cassette player in the car get a cassette adapter that has a headphone jack to plug into your nc
Or
Get a FM transmitter

Both should be available at Radio Shack and inexpensive.

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB-v1.0.0B5.1 using Android Tablet Forum

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Does the car's hi-fi has audio in port?
If yes, you should just connect nook with a simple audio cable.

Sent from Nook Color on Cm7 Nightly 129 @1.300Mhz

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Does the car's hi-fi has audio in port?
If yes, you should just connect nook with a simple audio cable.

Sent from Nook Color on Cm7 Nightly 129 @1.300Mhz

Yep, the easiet way is just a cable with a headphone jack (3.5mm) at each end. Plug one end into the headphone jack on the nook and the other to the input port on the radio (depending on how old, most have them these days), sometimes they are hard to get to if in the back tough.

If no input jack the next best option and probably only slightly more expensive is an FM transmitter. This should also pulg into the nook headphone jack and then broadcast to an FM station, usually a random non-used one like 88.1. Then tune your radio to that station and it plays the music.

Echo

Jul 18, 2011
I'm surprised at how little info there is on this out there! I don't own an iPod, which is why I'd like to see how to make this work.

I bought an FM transmitter (plug into cigarette lighter) at Best Buy, but I'm a bit disappointed at this point. For one, it was a bit expensive at $50+. But the thing I hate the most is the static. I tried a bunch of stations, but nothing was crystal clear. Maybe I expect too much. Maybe a gadget that plugs into the cassette player? I hate to buy one of those though, since that technology isn't available in newer vehicles and I like to keep my options open in case I win the Lotto =)

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Doesnt matter how old is the car but the hi-fi.
And I remember my last hi-fi (which I own 4 years) and the previous, both had the option to connect external source on them.
So really, how old is this stereo unit that U have?? :confused:

patruns

Jun 4, 2011
Doesnt matter how old is the car but the hi-fi.
And I remember my last hi-fi (which I own 4 years) and the previous, both had the option to connect external source on them.
So really, how old is this stereo unit that U have?? :confused:

Actually, my car does not have that option either (1998 Honda), but thankfully it does have a cassette player so I am able to use that with any MP3 player. No input is a lot more common than you might think when you buy a car with only the basic radio. :)