How To Transfer Contacts?

Deborah Oliver

Dec 11, 2018
I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (I hate it, hate it, hate it, but still owe on it). I just got an Amazon Fire HD 10 and have spent 2 days now trying to figure out how to transfer my contacts , etc. from the phone to the tablet. I can't find an app on the tablet where I can enter the model number of the tablet. The phone model number is the only one that keeps coming up. The charger port on the phone is messed up so I need to transfer wirelessly. Anyone have any idea of which app would be compatible with both? The phone Android Version is 8.0.0.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Amazon tablets run a fork of Android that doesn't use Google or Samsung services. As a result you have no way to sync with Google's servers, which would be the easy way to fix your problem. Instead, you're going to have to look into sharing your contacts via bluetooth. I can't go into great detail of how it works since I don't have an Amazon tablet, but in general you turn the bluetooth on for both phone and tablet, select all your contacts on the phone, share them via bluetooth, and pick them up on the tablet using its bluetooth.

If that doesn't work, you may have to type each contact in manually, if there is no option to import contacts on the tablet.

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
Welcome to ATF, Deborah.
Nice to have you here.

You should be able to go to the settings in the contacts app on your S7. Select the contacts setting. There should be an option to import/export the contacts.
Select the export option. This creates a VCF file which can be transferred to your Fire device with a file manager.
To do this wirelessly, you'll need to first transfer it to cloud storage; (Dropbox, Google Drive, One Drive, etc.) with the file manager from your S7. Then, using the file manager on your tablet, transfer it to the tablet.
Once it's on the tablet open the file with it's contacts app.
Good luck...

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
@PitCarver: That was my initial thought as well. I don't have a Galaxy S7 however, and didn't know it had an import/export function (it apparently does), because the Google version doesn't have that. It only has an option to share.