[How To] Un-Brick your Coby Tablet!!!

The_Kwa

Nov 25, 2011
AMAZING NEWS!!!!

I just unbricked my MID7127!!!! (you'll need Android SDK for this) Use the recovery.img of your choosing and use this code in command prompt
Code:
fastboot boot <recovery.img>

then restore one of your backups, that's it!

(this should work with any android device as long as you can get to fastboot mode!)

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
We have been using this for like forever, this is the most common way to get out of fastboot besides fastboot reboot, glad you started using it. LOL, yes my sense of humor is dry. I didn't know you were having problems with your tablet., glad you fixed it.

Last edited:

The_Kwa

Nov 25, 2011
I believe that its been around, I just have never seen it posted any where. I've seen who know how many "stuck at coby screen" posts... This simple fix has somehow missed them all.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
That's cool, stuck at coby screen can be fixed by flashing a modified boot.img that forces adb into administrator mode #. Then one just types adb shell reboot recovery. Not all androids have fastboot.

Jan 23, 2012
kwa,
My son-in-law's 8127 is bootlooping after I rooted it and renamed telephony.apk and phone.apk. Stupidly I hadn't yet installed clockwork or done a backup. My question is: Can I access a stock recovery menu that will let me do a factory reset without using an image? No way can I find an 8127 recovery image.
Thanks for any info,
d&f

orlsan

Mar 7, 2012
We have been using this for like forever, this is the most common way to get out of fastboot besides fastboot reboot, glad you started using it. LOL, yes my sense of humor is dry. I didn't know you were having problems with your tablet., glad you fixed it.

I need help with my 7127. I was trying to install the Bulldog Gold T31. Have installed KTZ Recovery and ClockWork. Also rooted it. Made a backup before flashing. After installing the zip file the tablet gets stuck booting at the COBY logo. I can enter to fastboot recovery but I´m not able to make it usable again. Please I need some advice on how to proceed or what to flash or install.

Thanks.

orlsan

Mar 7, 2012
AMAZING NEWS!!!!

I just unbricked my MID7127!!!! (you'll need Android SDK for this) Use the recovery.img of your choosing and use this code in command prompt
Code:

(this should work with any android device as long as you can get to fastboot mode!)

Hi,
I need the original lk.rom, tcc8803_mtd.img and NAND Data.fai for the 7127. Could you dump them and send them?

The_Kwa

Nov 25, 2011
i saw in your previous post you've made backups and are able to reach fastboot mode. Does "fastboot devices" not work when using sdk? did it ever work?

i'll see if I can find those files for you though

The_Kwa

Nov 25, 2011
i'm guessing your the same person from KTZ forums. I have no idea where to find these files. tell me were to look and i'd be happy to get them.

orlsan

Mar 7, 2012
i saw in your previous post you've made backups and are able to reach fastboot mode. Does "fastboot devices" not work when using sdk? did it ever work?

i'll see if I can find those files for you though

Hi The_Kwa,
I´ve wrote you from the KTZ forum also. Still haven´t found the way to make the touchscreen work. It´s communicating to the PC via fastboot with the SDK. Everything is working but the touchscreen. I can use the mouse. The screen is also a little off its center.
I'm willing to try a few things, but need the original files. Could you send me the content of the /dev/block/ folder?
Thanks,

domagoj91

May 26, 2012
AMAZING NEWS!!!!

Code:

This can help on unrooted coby screen stuck problem??

desmopedro

May 20, 2012
I have installed the CWM recovery image (do you have a link for an image you KNOW works on a 7127?) and when I reboot via fastboot in the CMD line it boots to fastboot mode on the device again!

Last edited:

Twin561

Jul 8, 2012
@THE_Kwa......after i get the recovery image, is the anywhere specific that i should put this recovery.img
My coby kyros is bricked,i get a full black screen and only the home, menu, and back buttons light up. I think i can use fasstboot though

olysteve

Aug 26, 2012
I need to know where I should put the image files too. I have the mid1042-8 and all I get is a backlight glow frow the screen. Adb sees it but I am not rooted, so I am having trouble moving forward with fixing it. If not this, then what format should the file I feed
Livesuit be? Individual images don't work. Help!!