How to use front camera

Discussion in 'Asus TF300 Forum' started by ackboyce, Jun 15, 2012.

1. ackboyce

ackboyce Junior Member

New to Android. I do not seem to find how to turn on or use the front camera. The rear camera is great, but I want to Skype with my new tablet.
    I can't get any video, And I have no clue how to turn the front camera on to ensure it is working. Any help would be appreciated.
  2. leeshor

leeshor Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Transformer TF700
    Welcome to the forum

If you can see the controls on the right side there is a small camera icon at the top. Tap it to switch from front to rear and back. Same for movies.
  3. ackboyce

ackboyce Junior Member

Thanks, Leeshor. The front camera on my TF 300 tablet work fine, but I can not seem to do a video Skype session. Is there a problem Skyping with the Asus tablet, or am I missing something?
  4. leeshor

Tablet / Device:
    Transformer TF700
    I haven't used Skype nor do I know any other tablet owner I'm aware of that does. But I'm pretty certain there is a setting in Skype to enable the video specifically. Can't tell you where to look but pretty sure it's there.
  5. ackboyce

ackboyce Junior Member

Yes, I have that setting enabled. There are some comments in the Skype forum about it not working with the Tegra chip, but those comments are six months old. I'll dig a bit more in the Skype forum. Thanks for your help.
  6. leeshor

Tablet / Device:
    Transformer TF700
    I do know a few people using Skype with the video, on Tegra processors. In fact one is on a TF300T so something else is going on. I suggest you go to the Google Store and install Camera ICS to see if the problem persists. That app is a super set of the one your TF came with. I'm assuming all your firmware is up-to-date.

Your problem may also be some other app interfering with it but no way to guess which if any.