HP Touchpad with ClassicNerd OS cannot reinstall apps or Google Playstore

Galtha58

Oct 5, 2012
Just changed the OS from CM7 to ClassicNerd. Did a wipe and lost my old apps. Now, when trying to reinstall my apps from the Google Playstore (including the Playstore App) they won't download as the Playstore thinks I already have them on my tablet. I contacted Google support who just replied that the Touchpad is not supported. My Touchpad is set up for dual boot and worked fine with the Playstore and all the apps I downloaded before changing out the OS. Wondering if possible to download the apps to my PC and then transfer to my Touchpad? Only problem is that the Playstore is set up to see my devices and still thinks the apps are installed. Seems to be no way around this catch 22. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks!

Galtha58

Oct 5, 2012
Tried something else this morning. Downloaded the Google Apps zip to my PC and tried to install that. After doing that and booting up I got a setup screen that failed and no way out of it. So, my ClassicNerd OS would not boot, or I could not see it boot or get to it. So, I reinstalled the ClassicNerd OS (Butta-v4.04.5.zip) and got my ClassicNerd OS back. But still don't have the apps I wanted. Mainly I need the Google Playstore App but cannot get it.