I joined the Galaxy Tab club!

acspicer

Jul 5, 2011
I picked up my Galaxy Tab 10.1 this weekend from Best Buy (I've ranted about that horrible experience on another thread, so I'll spare ya!).

The device is fantastic so far! The front and rear facing camera's are exceptional and have great quality, even at 3MP. I already have a Droid 2 Global so once I signed on with my Google Account everything synced right up! That was unexpected, but appreciated!

I also set up Google Music (also in Beta) and it runs perfectly. I was able to take the tablet to a friends, set up some speakers, plug in and stream from my collection. Another pleasant surprise that took little effort to set up.

Since video chat doesn't work with Skype (at least that I could find) I went and tried GChat with my dad. The video quality was excellent from both ends. Tapping the screen and switching between camera's (front and rear facing) was awesome! It was strange how I had to keep tapping my little image to get it to center and stay still. That was a bit of a pain. I'm sure I'm overlooking something since this is all brand new to me.

I'm still shocked that there are some apps available on my Droid 2 Global, but not on my tablet. I hope that changes. Really need GoToMyPC and GoToMeeting to really make this a part of my daily activities for work. I picked up Quick Office Pro HD and hope that works out for me. I do a lot of proposals and editing of PDF's, so being portable is going to be a necessity. I have Dropbox and will almost always be near WiFi now that I snagged a mobile device from Time Warner.

I am in the Google+ beta as well and the way it ties in with my phone and tablet is just awesome! Quick posts of pics to your stream is very cool. I need more friends added on there before I really can play with it, but what I used so far shows huge potential.

Now if I could please have Hulu+ and Netflix then I'd be all set!

acspicer

Jul 5, 2011
One other weird issue was that I couldn't load the Facebook app. It keeps telling me (in the MarketPlace) that the item could not be found. Anyone else seen this issue or does it not work with the Galaxy Tab?

Jun 29, 2011
I picked up my Galaxy Tab 10.1 this weekend from Best Buy (I've ranted about that horrible experience on another thread, so I'll spare ya!).

The device is fantastic so far! The front and rear facing camera's are exceptional and have great quality, even at 3MP. I already have a Droid 2 Global so once I signed on with my Google Account everything synced right up! That was unexpected, but appreciated!

I also set up Google Music (also in Beta) and it runs perfectly. I was able to take the tablet to a friends, set up some speakers, plug in and stream from my collection. Another pleasant surprise that took little effort to set up.

Since video chat doesn't work with Skype (at least that I could find) I went and tried GChat with my dad. The video quality was excellent from both ends. Tapping the screen and switching between camera's (front and rear facing) was awesome! It was strange how I had to keep tapping my little image to get it to center and stay still. That was a bit of a pain. I'm sure I'm overlooking something since this is all brand new to me.

I'm still shocked that there are some apps available on my Droid 2 Global, but not on my tablet. I hope that changes. Really need GoToMyPC and GoToMeeting to really make this a part of my daily activities for work. I picked up Quick Office Pro HD and hope that works out for me. I do a lot of proposals and editing of PDF's, so being portable is going to be a necessity. I have Dropbox and will almost always be near WiFi now that I snagged a mobile device from Time Warner.

I am in the Google+ beta as well and the way it ties in with my phone and tablet is just awesome! Quick posts of pics to your stream is very cool. I need more friends added on there before I really can play with it, but what I used so far shows huge potential.

Now if I could please have Hulu+ and Netflix then I'd be all set!

If you can find the .apk, many will side load. I've found quite a few on xda and 4shared.
Splashtop hd might be the plan B for gotomypc if you can't find the .apk for the ones you seek. I transferred the non hd version of Splashtop from my phone and it works very well. If all you need is manipulation of the desktop but no sound streaming Team Viewer is free and works very well.
I was disappointed that my banking apps aren't available .
If you have some apps that don't render correctly, an app called Spare Parts makes many render directly for the 10.1
Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy

acspicer

Jul 5, 2011
Nice! Thanks for the feedback! Exactly what I was looking for.

I've seen a lot about apk's as I look around, so I'll check em out further.

Yeah, my banking apps were missing as well. I have em on my phone and they work well.

We use GoToMeeting exclusively, so I can always revert to my laptop/desktop for now. But hopefully they'll be here sooner rather than later.

pleo

Jul 9, 2011
yes I am new to tablet life as well and found same issue for facebook what is that about?

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
The facebook app sucks anyway try friendme a much better facebook app

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

lithium1330

Apr 23, 2011
i just picked my tab up last night and it has been good thus far. i side loaded netflix apk last night and it works well. you can find the download on here. gotomeeting client should be coming soon - the droid 3 recently released has it baked in.

im noticing some oddities tho.. e.g.,predictive text of the sam keybd doesnt work on this site... it predicts, but i cant select the words. it would just enter the first letter. nothing more. second, as you can see... auto cap is also not working. just me, or others are seeing this as well?

Genkilljoy

Jul 29, 2011
Welcome to the club...I knew this was going to be the Tablet to beat the IPad 2....really that's all i wanted to do. No other tab had the balls or the looks this thing has.... Everyone always ask me .."Oh is that an IPad" I laugh and spit in there faces(only kidding) I say of course not it's better, It's a Samsung Galaxy Tablet, much better. I am impress there impress all is well in the world.