I need help or else im going to go insane! :/

CrunchyTaco

Nov 3, 2011
Ok so just recently (yesterday) I received my android MID_M706S tablet from ebay. I paid 89.95 no tax or shipping and it was actually quite fast. So I open it, get a few things organized, and get on the android market. I instantly notice the market is a downgrade from my phone, but I pay it no attention and find an app I want. The first one I pick is a gba emulator I have on my phone. It,seconds after I tap the download button, says the download is unsuccessful and continues to do this with every app I download. so I factory reset it, and it allows me to download about 2 more apps correctly, and then it goes right back to the same thing. It also wont let me view all the results in my searches, whether theres 5000 or 100, I can only see about 10-20. Just a little while ago, I did some digging, and just realized as far as the update of the market I needed the 3.3.11 or whatever apk and now its update but it still says "could not download due to error. I don't honestly feel like it's a problem with the tablet, because what apps (the game phage for example) I had on it ran perfectly on it. However, I'm not sure what else it could be either, considering I made an entirely new google account specifically for my tablet, yet to no avail. I'm at my whits end and I'm running out of patience and/or hope that it can be fixed. I'm 16 working a part time job at a Hellacious grocery store (and im not exaggerating on the hellacious part) and that 90 bucks is worth about 3 days of work and I just want my tablet to work. If someone could help me fix it i would be unbelievably greatful. thanx:D

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
OK, there are two different elements. But I apologize if you misunderstand my following statement. You get what you pay for. Most low end (Read cheap) Android tablets have either flawed, old Version of Android or hastilly built firmware. The ones I have seen lately are still using 1.6 or 2.1. This will limit some compatibility and capability. I am not personally familiar with the tablet you have. One tablet a friend got off of the "bay" even after warning him in the end was an old slow processor with limited capability.That is why I am playing devil's advocate.
The other issue is the newer versions of Market apps seem to identify device type much better and will not install apps which are not meeting storage, Android version or capability.
You can try the "Market Fix" and see if that helps.You might also crawl and search the forum for a compatible community build which has Market already installed. In either case. You need to verify any and all apps downloaded do not install. If all install fail, then it is a definite problem with either firmware or needing the "market fix".

best of luck

CrunchyTaco

Nov 3, 2011
Thank you for the reply, and yes I somewhat worried that I was paying too little for the tablet, but I didn't want anything serious, just a toy basically.
I probly should've gotten a pandigital. At least I know those work. Well anyway, where do I get the market fix and what does it do?? My tablets version 2.2 btw.:confused: