I want to buy tablet, up to $100 or so.

camer0

Mar 5, 2012
Hi, i am looking for a GOOD!!! tablet around $100. I dont want a crappy one, or a Chinese one. (I've heard E-Pads are horrible.) Please do not tell me anything higher than $110. I just don't have the money. I have been looking at this:
Amazon.com: Coby Kyros Android Tablet MID70164GSV: Computers & Accessories
If any of you own a Coby Kyros, especially the MID70164GSV, Is it any good? Can you get Netflix, or the Android, Amazon, or any other GOOD market on it.
:confused: But if i do buy it, i will NOT buy it from these sellers, i will buy it from a store.

Last edited:

camer0

Mar 5, 2012
umm let me think... no? sorry vampirefo but ive looked at customer reviews for iview and it sounds like it's horrible. And the momo3 cost too much.(i dont want to order it from given website, because i dont trust it. Sorry) And by Chinese i meant BESIDES Coby.

Last edited:

camer0

Mar 5, 2012
I SAID 100 DOLLARS! I dont have 145 dollars. (To redtablet PC people)

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
No problem buy your Coby, which is really a slower iview, anyway good luck to you.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I SAID 100 DOLLARS! I dont have 145 dollars. (To redtablet PC people)

I realize you have a budget but honestly if you can wait a little longer and save up $50-60 more you have a lot of better options available. Heck, just hit the boold bank a couple of times you can make some money and save somebody's life :)

geckoT2C

Jan 24, 2012
i'm with j515op. you can't get a good tablet for $100. save just a bit more money and you can buy something that might actually make you happy :)

camer0

Mar 5, 2012
Ok, momo3 cost too much on AMAZON. And im probably going to save up and get a kindle fire. If there's another good tablet besides the kindle for $200, let me know. And i'm too young to donate blood. I'm not even 13.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Ok, momo3 cost too much on AMAZON. And im probably going to save up and get a kindle fire. If there's another good tablet besides the kindle for $200, let me know. And i'm too young to donate blood. I'm not even 13.

Ha ha, ok then don't do that. I was sort of just kidding anyway. I suggest you also look at Nook Color (BARNES & NOBLE | Certified Pre-Owned NOOK Color™) and Vizio ([Deal Alert] Woot.com Offering Refurbished Vizio 8" VTAB With Folio Case For Just $159.99 (That's About $170 Off)) refurbs. If you look around you can find deals on these two but they should at least be considered.

Also you might want to see if you can find a Le Pan tablet on sale (http://www.amazon.com/Pan-TC-970-9-7-Inch-Multi-Touch/dp/B004PGMFG2).

JP

Last edited:

grozecki

Mar 5, 2012
I have been researching tablets for about a month now.
I am an unemployed systems administrator.
So I am looking to keep costs low.

1) what you will be using the tablet for: VNC/remote desktop and Internet, Heavy web surfing, creating web pages, lots of flash, creating documents (word,excel....),
forums, google maps, geocaching, email - pop, videos, java, heavy puzzle/cipher solving. I guess i need a g-sensor, GPS navigation, camera,

2) how much willing to spend: Less then 200.

3) what the size: I would prefer 8,9,10. (old eyes cant see as well any more)

4) how much you know about Android: Nothing, have never used a droid but have been in computers for 20 years, repair, installation building networks and servers.

5) Please list your location somewhere: USA, Pennsylvania.

6) only need wifi (no carrier) home network and hotspots while out, GPS, email, flash, multi-touch, movies, maps, edit documents

7) I am not a gamer, but play chess and some other games occasionally.

I have an HP DV7 multi core 8 gig ram laptop that i want to give a break every once in a while as i am on it constantly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)