ICS for EEE Pad Transformer TF01

ashokkn

Nov 10, 2011
Hello Guys .. does any one know about the ICS update for EEE Pad Transformer (TF01) ?

Asus website (product specification) say that the TF01 is upgradable to ICS but not sure when they would start to roll out the update or if the update already exists.

Eager to get some details on this.:p

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Looks like early January

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
I'd bet late December; they'd probably release it around the same time as the update for the Prime, which is supposedly coming this month.

Either that, or they'll delay it so the Prime recieves it first.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
That's what I am thinking. Based on my experience updates a)never come when they are promised, they usually miss by a couple of weeks, and b) they will make sure the shiny new toy gets it first.

That being said, I do not have any first hand experience with ASUS updates, so hopefully I will be proven wrong!

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
That's what I am thinking. Based on my experience updates a)never come when they are promised, they usually miss by a couple of weeks, and b) they will make sure the shiny new toy gets it first.

That being said, I do not have any first hand experience with ASUS updates, so hopefully I will be proven wrong!

I'm pretty sure you will be ;)
ASUS has an incredible track record with Android updates; for my Transformer, they were released well within 2 weeks after official release of the update from Google and we always got them. They even released their own custom updates to do help with things, such as Netflix compatibility. They also had an update to provide a new app, Supernote, which is for drawing, writing, etc.

I'm betting it'll be right on schedule.

Weebee

Dec 1, 2011
The updates I've done so far have gone without a hitch. I can't wait to get ICS on my TF.