ICS for sony tablet s being rolled out!!!

HDH1998

Jan 25, 2012
Love love love that system apps read from the SD card. It does make life so much easier. The only issues I am having is when I am watching ESPN3. The feed is fine until I try to go to full screen then both the stock browser and Dolphin freeze for a minute then force close. The other issue has to do with reporting issues. NOTHING HAPPENS. I have tried both methods provided and nothing happens. I am pretty certain that will be fix (I hope it gets fixed [oh please get fixed])

Other than those two issues so far everything is good. Little tweaks that will take some time to get use to but thats expected with any new OS release. Oh did I mention that I LOVE that I can access the SD card without transferring?

Apr 28, 2012
ICS installed with no problems. I haven't played with it much, but everything feels snappier. The screen still won't rotate to the fourth angle (fat side down,) I'm very disappointed with that.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
jaimez02 said:
To take a screen shot press the power button and the volume -/down at the same time.

That requires coordination!

Thanks!

$ForumRunner_20120428_084747.png

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
demonix said:
I still have no update in Canada. Does anyone know when we will be getting it here?

Check the ICS discussions under Android Operating Systems. Someone posted a link to a site that showed a table of the release dates. Or go to the website for your specific Tablet.

navnitda

Apr 1, 2012
No update in India either. I spoke to the Sony customer care and they said that they are evaluating the ICS update and would release it post testing. but they did not confirm a date as yet.

jaimez02

Dec 15, 2011
Just wanted to know if any of you other tablet s owners have experienced any issues since upgrading to ics.

ehsun7b

May 4, 2012
I'm still waiting for the update!

Whenever I check the system update, it says that your software is update! :( I bought my tablet from Malaysia and I'm still staying in Malaysia. :-|
Any resolution?

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
jaimez02 said:
Just wanted to know if any of you other tablet s owners have experienced any issues since upgrading to ics.

Like what? No issues here that I have noticed.

davect01

Jan 22, 2012

Nothing that is a bother for me. A few people have noted a few things they don't like, but they all have been personal preference things.

mhron

Feb 25, 2012
ehsun7b said:
I'm still waiting for the update!

Whenever I check the system update, it says that your software is update! :( I bought my tablet from Malaysia and I'm still staying in Malaysia. :-|
Any resolution?

There are 2 options for you:

1) Wait for the update for your region. It was released for US and Japan devices so far only. European versions are supposed to get ICS next week. I don't know about the rest of the world. Try to ask your local Sony.

2) If you're impatient, you can root your tablet and install US version of firmware on it. You can find the process description on XDA. But I don't recommend that since you can lose your warranty.

mhron

Feb 25, 2012
KeithAmbrose said:
May 7th, still no update in for me in Japan. Do other users in Japan have it?

Yes, users in Japan were first to get the update. Was your Tablet S bought in Japan?