ICS For the Le Pan ii

Mar 24, 2012
Has anyone got any updates on when this happening - Le Pan support is saying May.

Second question - how will the upgrade be delivered?

Cheers!

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
They have pushed the date back several times. March, then I heard April. May? Let's hope. I hope they post the zip file on their web site. I did the OTA when they put out v116 and it took hours.

I am looking forward to the update but I guess we will see it when we see it.

Mar 24, 2012
Hey thanks for the prompt reply, one additional comment and a question.

Comment - given that one of advantages of Le Pan is that they use a "pure" rather than a customized version of the O/S wouldn't that make the porting process easier and therefore faster?

Question - does "OTA" stand for over the air? How would that work - isn't that a bit risky?

Thanks,

Blair

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
yes ota stands for over the air. when "ota" update is available you will see a triangle with an exclamation point in it in the notification bar. when you touch it it will tell you an update is available and ask if you want to download it. Last time they did it on accident and some of us got updated to v116.
they weren't really ready so maybe that is why it took so long. You can check for updates by going to- settings-about tablet-check for updates. Right now their servers are down so you will get a message " cannot connect to server."
on the lp1 they posted the zip file on the web site. they took that down about a month ago saying an update would be out in a week. It has not come back yet.

castropa531

Apr 7, 2012
Hello,
I just got my 2nd Le Pan II with v118, it doesn't even give me the option of OTA upgrades like the V114 I have

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
very interesting. when you g o to -About Tablet- "check for updates." is not an option? what are the choices?