ICS HD playback

roadster

Jun 24, 2011
Is anyone else dissappointed with the HD video playback since ICS? Before the update the videos would play back with jerky graphics but continuous sound but now the sound on some fails after about 10 seconds and doesn't come back. In some formats the audio is OK but the image loses too many pixels to be viewable.

On a positive note the general interface seems livelier for most apps.

Regards Roadster

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Is anyone else dissappointed with the HD video playback since ICS? Before the update the videos would play back with jerky graphics but continuous sound but now the sound on some fails after about 10 seconds and doesn't come back. In some formats the audio is OK but the image loses too many pixels to be viewable.

On a positive note the general interface seems livelier for most apps.

Regards Roadster
My video is fixed. With HC I had problems with video in general. Now with ICS it is perfect. What player app are you using? You may need to change to another app.

roadster

Jun 24, 2011
My video is fixed. With HC I had problems with video in general. Now with ICS it is perfect. What player app are you using? You may need to change to another app.

I'm particularly referring to H.264 playback which I've tried with MX player. There doesn't seem to be a way of using hardware acceleration with this and I either get mostly broken-up video and continuous sound or vice-versa. I suppose I'm just being over ambitious because its never worked smoothly.

Regards Roadster

2000roadie

Aug 12, 2011
I found that MX started having those problems before ICS. Since ICS, there has been 2 updates to MX. I have not tried it since the updates, but I also use Vital Player as well as the player that came with the tablet. If one does not play right, I have 2 others to try.

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
I have ZERO problems with h.264 1280x720/30p with AAC audio, I haven't tried any really high bit rates yetbut stuff up to about 4mbps has been OK so far. What exactly are you trying to play (resolution and frame rate and bit rate)?