Id3 tagging

marc71

Oct 20, 2011
Hey guys, new to the forum. Got the vtab as a birthday gift and digging it so far. Have a droid x so I'm familiar with the android system. I synced a bunch of music to the tablet, have a 16 gig memory card installed, and the id3 tags are screwed up. Downloaded an id3 tag and album art app that both work on my phone and they don't work on the tab. For some reason they don't recognize the tracks. Is this because of the sd card issue? Or do I have to do things differently on the tab? Kinda weird considering both devices are gingerbread... Thank you.

Marc

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Nimble1

Sep 25, 2011
Hi Marc,
I had a similar issue when I moved a number of CD files from my computer using Microsoft Media Player but it did not pick up alot of the album or song info. I found a app called "Cover Art Downloader" that picked up most of my covers and allow you to search for the others. A lot of the info is still screwed up but I guess I will have to live with that.
Tom

marc71

Oct 20, 2011
Mine is not registering artists. I had to make a bunch of playlists. Kind of annoying, and but screw it...

marc71

Oct 20, 2011
I get the albums and tracks but no artist or album art

marc71

Oct 20, 2011
Thanks Tom, got my covers, but still no artist lol. Any tips would be appreciated.

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
I like Mp3 Tagger Pro. I use it on my phone but have not tried it on the VTAB.

If you mount your sd card on your computer and you use Windows try Mp3tag, it's free.

Edit: WinAmp Pro and Media Monkey also do a good job editing MP# tags.

marc71

Oct 20, 2011
Thanks Marvin but no dice. Tried winamp and a bunch of taggers to no avail. Not quite understanding this since I have no problems with my phone and both are gingerbread...

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

marc71

Oct 20, 2011
I never mentioned that I synced the music from windows media player on a widows 7 laptop. Not sure if that matters...

marc71

Oct 20, 2011
Nobody? I can't be the only one with this problem...

lloydsw

Oct 26, 2011
I've completely cleaned up my files with Mediamonkey & they play correctly on my laptop & mp3 player - but not on the tablet. Makes me wonder if there is a 'cache' somewhere on the tablet that needs to be rebuilt. On the tablet, music still shows 'unknown artist', and the tracks play out of order. Very frustrating.

marc71

Oct 20, 2011
Mine are in order, just can't get it to display the artist. Installed astrofile, and if you look in the folder everything looks cool. I did an experiment by downloading a song from amazon mp3, and of course it went into internal memory and displays everything ok. My guess is the sd card issue...