If you choose something different for default 'home' 'n' button - rooted

majakat

Dec 29, 2010
If I choose to launch zeam when i click the 'n' as defaut, is there a way to get to the standard B&N 'home'?

Catherine

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
If I choose to launch zeam when i click the 'n' as defaut, is there a way to get to the standard B&N 'home'?

Catherine
Catherine, using Desktop Visualizer, I created a button on my Zeam homescreen that takes me to to the B&N home. I can explain how I did it if you're curious.

There are also a few "home switcher" apps that will get the job done (but with an extra click or two).

-Matt

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
UPDATE: Well, it almost KILLED ME but I figured it out!!! The trick works with the older version of Home Manager (1.8.0) but NOT with the newer one (1.8.1). Fortunately I had the older copy and was able to solve the mystery. I've attached the 1.8.0 version--note that the .txt in the filename needs to replaced with .apk in order to work.
EDIT: Well this is strange...I just set it up on my NC, and it's not switching. I'll have to investigate. Let me know if you give it a try!

Okiedokie. First you need:

(1) Desktop Visualizer, and (2) Home Manager.

Next, rico2001 has already posted nice instructions on how to use Desktop Visualizer (http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ed-nook-color-super-e-reader-2.html#post27062), so I'll just provide an overview.

After you've installed the two apps above:

(1) Long press on the Zeam desktop
(2) Select Add item -> Widget -> Desktop Visualizer (note that you have several icon sizes to choose from--I think 1x1 Small is standard)
(3) Select the Widget Span (how much space the icon takes up)
(4) An icon template is now on your homescreen -> move it where you want and tap it

When the Desktop Visualizer screen loads:

(5) Choose Select Icon then navigate to either an image file or app that you like (I had another home manager, SoftHome, that I used for the icon)
(6) Choose Select action -> Other; this is the cool part--if you installed Home Manager, one of the options should be "Home Shortcut"--when you choose it, your various launchers should show up -> choose "Home" (that's the stock B&N Home)

Now you can fine-tune your widget/button by editing its label or its colors!

(7) Select OK and you're done.

Attachments

• $com.carp.HomeManager.txt
    116.5 KB · Views: 428
Last edited: