If you had a choice... 10 or 7

lorenii

May 2, 2011
Which would you choose?

Are the 10" tablets just a quirky as the 7" tablets?

Do they have the same issues of wifi?

Is flash available for the 10" yet?

Is there as much researching and modding being done on the 10" vs 7"?

Do they have GPS? (I read they were GPS enabled, but does it really work?)

What are the major differences (aside from 3"!)

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I have both and prefer them equally depending on use. E-Reader type functions like Nook, Kindle or others I like the 7", similar form factor to a book. Work tasks, 10" because it is much more useful

"Quirky" is more to vendor/hardware than form factor IMHO

Size has nothing to do with flash. There are plenty of 10" tablets that can do flash, make sure it is running Android 2.2 or better.

Depends on the vendor and hardware again. Modding relates to the interest of the user community. There are VERY active 10" groups

Some do include GPS. Yes it works.

Size is the major differentiation. These are solely at the mercy of the hardware

lorenii

May 2, 2011
Thanks for the input! I didn't make myself clear enough once I re-read what I posted. I was talking about the Sylvania 10 vs 7.

One of my two 7's is back for the 4th time in 3 months. My other 7 has (knocking on my wood desk until my knuckles bleed) been great, this time (it has been back only 3 times). DG has been outstanding in customer service. They have been VERY responsive to my issues and have taken care of them and given me an RA everytime without giving me the run around and for free, the only thing it has cost me was boxing the products at UPS because I was too lazy to do it myself.

I guess what I am getting at is, would I be better off with a Sylvania 10" or stick with the 7". Does one have less problems than the other and what are the major differences in the two (since I cant seem to find any 10's locally to look at).

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
I guess what I am getting at is, would I be better off with a Sylvania 10" or stick with the 7".
Based only upon what I have read, no actual experience, the 10" Sylvania has almost all of the same issues as experienced on the 7" since it is based on the same core firmware images and utilizes many of the same hardware components. With only a few months left until the explosion of new products or the re-pricing of old products, it might be wise to wait an see.