If you were looking at a 10" tablet from Coby which one would you get and why?

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
I am confused since there aren't nearly as many videos, heck I think I could find three on the 10" coby's on youtube, reviewing these devices. Hubby now is back to wanting a bigger device, and I want to keep it around $200, so does that mean it's the 1024 or 1125 or 1126? We definitely want capacitive touch and the highest RAM available. But I want the best bang for our buck. We won't be purchasing until after Christmas so hopefully that will mean we can get the one we'd be happiest with for around two bills. Basically we want to play angry birds, maybe plants vs zombies, maybe netflix (cancelled when they increased prices and separated services-still not happy about that) watch music videos and go to youtube. He also might want to do email and light surfing like google news or something. So in your opinions what device should we go with? I would like Gingerbread, but not sure if all the 10" devices come with it, just as long as we can use it for the above mentioned features that's all he cares about.

TIA! :D

TheDroid13

Aug 14, 2011
The 1125 and the 1126 are your best bet for a capacitive screen. They both come with gingerbread and people seem to like them. The only difference between them is the aspect ratio. The 1126 is 4:3 and the 1125 is 16:9.

Sent from my flyer using Tapatalk

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Thank you TheDroid13! So which is best for widescreen viewing? 16:9?

Edited to add: Hubby said 16:9 is widescreen, I dunno, but if that's what the 1125 has that's the one for us! Thanks again TheDroid13! :D Anyone else wanna chime in on this question? ;)

Last edited:

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
That's what I thought, thank you TheDroid13, I appreciate the confirmation on this. It looks like the MID1125 is it for us then! :D

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
I am not going to be the one using it as a have a great laptop I use, but hubby will surely enjoy it and so will our son! ;)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I think you'll be very happy with the 1125. I was going to buy a 7125, but I got impatient and couldn't wait for it. One day it was on the Coby website, the next it wasn't. One day you could pre-order it, the next you couldn't. I finally drove to the nearest B&N and came home with my Nook. If I have any virtues at all, apparently patience isn't one of them.:cool: I'm happy with my Nook though, they're both nice tablets for the money.

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
That's cool Spider, one thing I've learned over the years is the virtue of patience, hubby isn't in a rush to get one and wants to get one that he'll be happy with. And I think the 1125 really does fit the bill in that regard. I saw a Nook at walmart and was like "Wow! So that's what they look like?" It was cool looking but small, I didn't get to really look and play with it or anything, but it makes me think hubby should go with the bigger tablet because one of the main things he's wanting to do is watch videos. I bet Coby lost a good number of sales over availability issues. Hopefully we'll see updates for it and firmware released on the 1125, because right now there's nothing up on the website on downloads page but the high resolution image. LOL! :)

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
Yup. Patience pays dividends. Last year, I was just beginning to look at tablets. I watched and waited. I bought & returned a PDWN. My sister bought two different tablets while I still waited & watched. This Thanksgiving, I scored 2 Dell Streak 7s and an Acer a100 for <$200/each.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Wow dansamy! That's a good score! :D I think the after Christmas Sales will be worth the wait, we'll just have to see how it goes, we might even wait until next year after the CES, we figure that after they show off those Quad Core devices the prices on others like Dual Core ones will plummet somewhat. Or at least we hope. ;) I looked at the A100 for a bit and the streak 7 too, but have pretty much settled on the Coby 1125 as our device of choice unless a sale happens on the Thrive or something sweet like that. :)

Dec 12, 2011
We got many tablets for Christmas.
One Acer Iconia 500 for Dad, an Kyros 1125 for me, 7024 for the daughter, 7127 for the son.
The 1125 is a bit bigger that I expected. This morning the son's 7127 wouldn't power on or charge
so it's in the box waiting for the UPS man to come pick it up. I gave the 1125 to the son (he was drooling
over the size) and I have already ordered the 1126 (smaller but same as 1125 internals and touchscreen)
for myself.
I went to Best Buy today (gasp) and found a Toshiba case for the 1125. It fits nice but you can't use the
camera, or gt to the BACK and MENU buttons easily. I think I'll do some 'work' on the case so the son can
get to the buttons. Also, the closest DecalGirl Skin that would fit the 1125 is the Asus eee skin. Slightly big
but works fine if you trim it.
I'm expecting the 1126 on Wednesday so I'll give you more info on that one later. I like that the 1126 is closer to iPad in size, more case options for that.

Ginny

Ing_Chao

Jan 7, 2012
We got many tablets for Christmas.
One Acer Iconia 500 for Dad, an Kyros 1125 for me, 7024 for the daughter, 7127 for the son.
The 1125 is a bit bigger that I expected. This morning the son's 7127 wouldn't power on or charge
so it's in the box waiting for the UPS man to come pick it up. I gave the 1125 to the son (he was drooling
over the size) and I have already ordered the 1126 (smaller but same as 1125 internals and touchscreen)
for myself.
I went to Best Buy today (gasp) and found a Toshiba case for the 1125. It fits nice but you can't use the
camera, or gt to the BACK and MENU buttons easily. I think I'll do some 'work' on the case so the son can
get to the buttons. Also, the closest DecalGirl Skin that would fit the 1125 is the Asus eee skin. Slightly big
but works fine if you trim it.
I'm expecting the 1126 on Wednesday so I'll give you more info on that one later. I like that the 1126 is closer to iPad in size, more case options for that.

Ginny

Did you get the 1126?
How do you it ? I just got one from my local Toys r Us on sale for $129 and still can't believe the price!