Insignia Flex 10.1?

guitarpete987

Aug 18, 2013
This kinda just appeared out of nowhere, at least to me. I tried it out at Best Buy and honestly it seems kind of awesome. Everything except the absence of a rear camera seems to be very fair for the price of $239, and I'm trying to convince myself why I shouldn't pick this up as my second tablet.

I can't find a single review on the entire Internet, and that worries me. Does anyone on here have any information about this device?

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Check out their website at insigniaproducts.com. There's also a YouTube video and a whole slew of reviews. The company is part of Best Buy.

guitarpete987

Aug 18, 2013
Thanks for the reply! I do appreciate it but I was hoping for a source of information not affiliated with Best Buy. I want some detailed impressions or an indepth review of some sort from an objective source.

rdwidner

Sep 5, 2013
This kinda just appeared out of nowhere, at least to me. I tried it out at Best Buy and honestly it seems kind of awesome. Everything except the absence of a rear camera seems to be very fair for the price of $239, and I'm trying to convince myself why I shouldn't pick this up as my second tablet.

I can't find a single review on the entire Internet, and that worries me. Does anyone on here have any information about this device?

Insignia Flex NS-14T004 Cheap 10.1 inch Tablet from BestBuy Specs Review - Tablet Review Specs

OUSooner73099

Sep 5, 2014
My husband and I have each had one for about a month. They have worked fine for us. The sound doesn't get very loud and it's impossible to find a case for it but other than that it has done what what my Nexus did before the charging port quit. It was pay $75 to get the nexus fixed or buy the insignia for $80.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
Hello, I got one of those myself.

I got it because it was on sale, and had an Intel CPU, and not an off-brand CPU. My intent for the device is to store & view photos and document & ebooks, so I can use my Nexus 7 for productive things, like travel.

I was really surprised to find the FM radio application on the device even though the specs doesn't have one listed! I would still use my MP3 player with FM for listening to radio tho.

Question: Does this thing have a smart screen, so it will turn off when you close a cover with a magnet in the right spot?

Other than that the 10inch Flex is adequate, but to fast, and hasn't done anything bad (crashed) yet