installing phiremod question

Mar 2, 2011
I decided to install rom manager and use CWR. But i have a NC v.1.1.0(autonooter 3) so when i used CWR i came upon a problem and i was not able to exit so i uninstalled it.

1.Now I am wondering if it is nescessary to have CWR to use phiremod? If so then how would i get around the problem i face when using CWR?

2. Also how do I get flash on my NC cause i want to watch videos other than those on youtube(movie sites)?

3. Another thing, what is the most recent update after autonooter that i can install like phiremod, android 3 or others?

thanx in advance!

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
1. It is not necessary to have CWR to use phiremod but it is necessary to install phiremod. You can do this by puting CWR in the internal memory of your nook or by creating a bootable sd card that allows you to boot into CWR to install phiremod.

2. By using a ROM built on 2.2 (froyo) or 2.3 (gingerbread) such as phiremod and installing Flash 10.2 from the market.

3. Autonooter versions don't matter for installing 2.2 and 2.3 ROMs, that is what CWR is for.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Yes it's necessary to use CWM recovery if you want to flash to any of the custom roms. If you are using b&n software 1.1 and the root method of autonooter 3.0, you need to use CWMR 3.0.1. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...m-manager-nandroid-backup-custom-kernels.html

autonooter is a rooting method not a rom or operating system

The choices beyond b&n software 1.1 are:
Nook Color V1.1.0_r2 (android 2.1)
Nookie Froyo 0.6.8 (android 2.2)
phiremod BETA 2 (android 2.2)
phiremod nook V5.1 (android 2.3)
Ultimate Droid 3.1.2 (android 2.3)
Honeycomb Preview V4 2nd edition (android 3.0)