Internet connection problem

BlackDeath

Sep 29, 2012
I have an Asus slider.

Recently, I've been required to change to security password for the logging onto the internet through the home router.

I have changed the security on the password, and for all other computers on the network. Then, I change it on my slider.

According to the icons on the bottom, I am logged on.
However, according to the Google play, youtube and browser app that came with the system, I am not.

I have backed up, and restored factory setting, but have had no luck.

Ideas ?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
It sounds like you may have changed the security, or was it just the password, with no other changes. If so you may need to tap on the connection and tell it to forget the connection, then restart your tablet and try connecting again. If you made any other changes you need to let us know what they were. Also try restarting your router (again_.

BlackDeath

Sep 29, 2012
I have reset the password. Again. It comes up with obtaining IP address, the signal strength drops to 1 bar, and appears to no further.

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I have reset the password. Again. It comes up with obtaining IP address, the signal strength drops to 1 bar, and appears to no further.

You really should find a public hotspot or a friend's WiFi to eliminate the problem being the tablet (which I think is the case), then if it works somewhere else, go back to the drawing board on your router. You may also see if there is a firmware update for the router.

BlackDeath

Sep 29, 2012
I managed to get a free wifi setup to day at a fast food hotspot. The tabler appeared to logon without a problem. I go to check the app store, and get this
"Can't establish a reliable connection to the server

This could be a temporary problem or your Android device may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call Customer Care."

I can also get this error by manually entering an IP address for the tablet.
How do I provision my table for data services ?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I managed to get a free wifi setup to day at a fast food hotspot. The tabler appeared to logon without a problem. I go to check the app store, and get this
"Can't establish a reliable connection to the server

This could be a temporary problem or your Android device may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call Customer Care."

I can also get this error by manually entering an IP address for the tablet.
How do I provision my table for data services ?

The temporary issue my be just that, but if you have a Google account in your tablet it should not be a long term issue. Go to the Play Store and long in with your account and make certain your tablet appears as an available device.

BlackDeath

Sep 29, 2012
leeshor,

That's where the problem appears. I can get the tablet saying it has a connection, but when I go onto Play store, the table wants to log into a google account. I do this, correctly, and get the error message.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Go to settings - accounts and delete the Google account if it's there. Restart your tablet and input the account again. It sounds as if you either didn't set up an account with Google on the tablet, or something got corrupted in the account settings.

BlackDeath

Sep 29, 2012
No google account comes up, but I cannot setup from an existing one, or set one up. I do posses a gmail account.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
No google account comes up, but I cannot setup from an existing one, or set one up. I do posses a gmail account.

The Google app won't work unless you have that G-Mail account set up oin your tablet. Go to accounts and if you don't have one, add the account.

BlackDeath

Sep 29, 2012
And the solution has been found. Eventually, the whole network went down, and required a phone call to the modem supplier, who helped up reset everything. And now it works. Weird.