Is VirtualXposed APK A Malware

EricaR

Aug 4, 2020
I downloaded VirtualXposed APK on my tablet (No root) recently to use Amplify Xposed module to save some of battery juice.My virus guard frequently warn about this app as a malware.I don't need to uninstall it..If someone has already used this app, please give me a feedback. Is it truly a malware or my virus guard is showing wrong details?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
The way Xposed works is by making a direct connection to the system framework. It's this direct connection that your malware scanner is picking up, and that is why VirtualXposed is being detected as malware. Xposed and its derivatives is a cancer that is known to make the system more unstable. There is a reason custom ROM developers don't accept bug reports if you have Xposed / VirtualXposed installed, and the added instability is it.

Get rid of VirtualXposed. Not because it's malware, but because it's a POS software that needs to die. If you choose NOT to get rid of it, I won't be able to effectively help you until you do.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
@sergpush Anything is possible after two years - note the date of the post you replied to - but because the OP never replied we'll never know for sure.

Robin-Justin

Aug 26, 2023
VirtualXposed itself is not inherently malware. It's a legitimate application used for virtualizing other apps on Android devices, often for testing or modification purposes. However, since the internet landscape can change, always make sure to download apps from trusted sources to minimize any potential risks.