It keeps on saying nook col, nook col, nook col

kashif977

May 9, 2011
Hello everyone,

I have come back yet with another question that you all may already know the answer of.

I upgraded my nook to 1.2 and then rooted it with manual nooter. Everyone was really great and worked so cool. I backed it up and rebooted.

And now it just keeps on saying Nook Col, nook col, nook col, nook col.

I tried to reboot it a couple of time but it just never goes beyond nook col.

Can anyone please tell me what is wrong with it. What have I missed or done wrong. Thanks in advance

Shimmy

Feb 2, 2011
I had this for awhile and noticed it was only after I updated to flash 10.3 in the market. Don't allow flash to update and you should be OK.

kabbie1882

Feb 24, 2011
I had this for awhile and noticed it was only after I updated to flash 10.3 in the market. Don't allow flash to update and you should be OK.

I may be misunderstanding but his problem is he CAN NOT BOOT. His screen just sticks on the "NOOK COLOR" screen.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Think you need to do restore and try again.

Yes, just try a restore from the backup you made. Hold power and n together for 8 seconds to boot into internal CWR (if you installed internal) or insert your bootable CWR SD card (in either case the sd card with your backup should be inserted before bootup). Once in CWR, wipe your cache partition and dalvik cache then restore from your working backup.

Shimmy

Feb 2, 2011
I may be misunderstanding but his problem is he CAN NOT BOOT. His screen just sticks on the "NOOK COLOR" screen.
No misunderstanding. He needs to do a restore or go back to stock and re-root. Then...don't allow flash to update in the market. When and if it's rebooted after it's updated to flash 10.3, it will be stuck in a boot loop. At least that's what happened to me. I've had no problems since I figured that out.

kashif977

May 9, 2011
Thanks guys, I restored back to stock and then did eMMC CM7 with OC 12Ghz. So far its running flawlessly.

ShutterPeep

May 3, 2011
No misunderstanding. He needs to do a restore or go back to stock and re-root. Then...don't allow flash to update in the market. When and if it's rebooted after it's updated to flash 10.3, it will be stuck in a boot loop. At least that's what happened to me. I've had no problems since I figured that out.

I was able to recreate this but I haven't tried fixing by stopping flash install after first boot. I will test later when I get home as I'm on my way out.

used MN 4.5.18 to root by the way.

edit: I restored to my nand backup pre-root. Then rooted with MN 4.5.25 (just out) instead. It didn't download gapps and flash after logging on so I guess they were built into MN. I rebooted a couple of times and so far don't have any issues with the boot-loop.

Last edited:

kashif977

May 9, 2011
Of course I know what you mean. but if I had my NC running at 12Ghz, it would be flying. :p

Sorry I ment 1.2Ghz. It was the excitement of having my nook work like that in first try that I missed the (.)
Coming this far with my nook rooting without any perior experience of android is a gaint step for me and it means I have learned all of this with the help of all great people here.

Now I can do Manual Nooter, Back up and restore, CM7 though SD card, and CM7 on eMMC. I can also install APKs, OC Kernels. ADB wireless. Thank you all.

jtrosky

May 21, 2011
Sorry I ment 1.2Ghz. It was the excitement of having my nook work like that in first try that I missed the (.)
Coming this far with my nook rooting without any perior experience of android is a gaint step for me and it means I have learned all of this with the help of all great people here.

Now I can do Manual Nooter, Back up and restore, CM7 though SD card, and CM7 on eMMC. I can also install APKs, OC Kernels. ADB wireless. Thank you all.

Nicely said - couldn't agree more. With this site I had my nook color running honeycomb the very first day... now enjoying cm7 on emcc.... great stuff.

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum