I've discovered a major bug can someone test there tablet for me.

suade907

Apr 27, 2011
OK so I have a 32gig memory chip. I have been saving my photos and videos to it by using the slider in the camera options. I have found that every time I power down the unit completely it wipes out or corrupts the images in my dcim camera folder on the sdcard. Anyone else having this issue. How disapointing this has become.

chemsolder

Apr 30, 2011
From what I have read this is not just an issue with your tab it is a known flaw. Personally have yet to experience this but preemptively I placed an empty file .nomedia in the root of my SD card. It is mentioned in many of the gtab forums. Just create it using note pad and don't put a file extension on it. Hope it helps this advice is garnered by reading more than experience as I am a total noob

Sent from my Desire HD using Android Tablet Forum

suade907

Apr 27, 2011
I'll give it a try but still fear I may lose any future pics and video. I did create a movies folder on my card and have 2 movies I've created in there and have had no issues with them just the camera pics and video.

spexwood

May 11, 2011
From what I have read this is not just an issue with your tab it is a known flaw. Personally have yet to experience this but preemptively I placed an empty file .nomedia in the root of my SD card. It is mentioned in many of the gtab forums. Just create it using note pad and don't put a file extension on it. Hope it helps this advice is garnered by reading more than experience as I am a total noob

Sent from my Desire HD using Android Tablet Forum

I recently had my memory get corrupted. Im not sure if it was the cause, but I did change the camera settings to have it save photos to the memory card a day or so before realizing that my card was corrupted.
I tried what you said, but I want to be sure I did it right.

I used notepad to create an empty file called. nomedia and then save it to the memory card (what would then become mnt/external_sd on the tablet). That's it?
What does this do exactly?

Thanks