JB 4.0.1 on TF700

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
I just picked this up today on a whim. Got it updated to 4.1.1 quickly. But this looks just like the 4.0.1 on my acer A500 and nothing like the JB on my nexus 7. What gives?

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I just picked this up today on a whim. Got it updated to 4.1.1 quickly. But this looks just like the 4.0.1 on my acer A500 and nothing like the JB on my nexus 7. What gives?

In settings - about does it say 4.1.1? Every manufacturer customizes their version for hardware compatibility and additional features, which could be an explanation.

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
In settings - about does it say 4.1.1? Every manufacturer customizes their version for hardware compatibility and additional features, which could be an explanation.

Yes, indeed it does. So, Asus wants JB on the TF700 to look way different than on the GN7? Does it make sense? I can see some differences, but it looks like 4.0.3 that is running on my now old Acer A500. Maybe I should get the Nexus 10?

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
The N7 and N10 run a Hybrid UI. It is in between phone and tablet. Asus has their tablets running tablet UI (notifications and clock at the bottom right)

If you want the hybrid UI like the N7, you should probably get a N10. There are some ROMs that have options to change it (Paranoid Android for the TF101 for instance) but you have to unlock and ROM to see if it exists in any TF700 ROMs.

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
The N7 and N10 run a Hybrid UI. It is in between phone and tablet. Asus has their tablets running tablet UI (notifications and clock at the bottom right)

If you want the hybrid UI like the N7, you should probably get a N10. There are some ROMs that have options to change it (Paranoid Android for the TF101 for instance) but you have to unlock and ROM to see if it exists in any TF700 ROMs.

Ok...interesting stuff. I'll have to think if I want the N10 or not. I actually decided to get his because I was a bit unhappy with what the N10 became. But, I'm looking at a Youtube of the N10 now, I and just prefer that look (which the N7 has too).

Thanks!

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I kinda agree, I like it better too. I was playing around with a ROM that did not have full support for it when I was tweaking the LCD Density in the build.prop, but then I found that P.A. has it built in and you can have some apps run in phone mode, others in hybrid and others in tablet. It is a bit overkill, I mainly just want the notifications at the top and the home buttons at the bottom.