Joining the Ranks

blboyd

Aug 24, 2010
Well I picked up my Verizon Galaxy S3 almost 2 months and I've loved it.

Two days ago my wife thought it was time I own the matching the tablet. She surprised me with a new Galaxy Note 10.1 (32GB). What an awesome tablet.

This thing is unbelievably fast, smooth and easy to operate. I've been downloading apps and customizing for the past 2 days.

Now I just need to find accessories!

Brandon

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Congratulations on your new tablet. I've had mine for a couple weeks and am quite impressed with it as well. Benchmarks aside, this thing just feels fast!
Amazon has a few cases listed, probably a good place to start looking for accessories.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Brandon, congratulations on your new Galaxy Note 10.1 and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets.

AuntieParticle

Sep 20, 2012
I'm seriously considering the Galaxy Note 10.1. I currently have an Acer Iconia a500. I like it well enough and have had it for a little over 1 year. I'm interested in the Note because of the pressure sensitive S Pen for drawing and other art. Has anyone played around with drawing on their Note. How do you like it? How well does it perform as a tablet in general?

Thanks, Auntie
Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Auntie, congratulations on your A500 and welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
AuntieParticle said:
I'm seriously considering the Galaxy Note 10.1. I currently have an Acer Iconia a500. I like it well enough and have had it for a little over 2 years. I'm interested in the Note because of the pressure sensitive S Pen for drawing and other art. Has anyone played around with drawing on their Note. How do you like it? How well does it perform as a tablet in general?

Thanks, Auntie

The S Pen, with the Wacom digitizer, is really amazing. As accurate as you might expect, and with 1024 levels of pressure sensitivity it is very versatile.
As a tablet, right now it has easily the fastest processor available, and is exeptionally Stable, which is even more impressive when you consider what this tablet is capable of doing such as its multitasking abilities. Throw in the fastest wifi I've ever seen with USB Host, BT4 and the IR remote and front facing speakers and you get an idea of nature of this tablet.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
AuntieParticle said:
Okay, thanks, I've ordered one from NewEgg - can't wait! :)

Have you received your Note 10.1? I would imagine if you have you've been a little busy lately playing and learning some of the capabilities of this cutting edge device. One interesting thing, and I'm sure it's an irritation to those who feel we tend to disparage Apple devices, but this is the first tablet to set a standard that puts Apple in the position of having to play catch up.

AuntieParticle

Sep 20, 2012
I just received my beautiful new Galaxy Note 10.1 today. I couldn't be more thrilled with it! I've been busy setting it all up the adding apps I've come depend on from my other tablet. But I'm keeping everything pretty close to default until I see how I like it. Tomorrow I will use the S Pen and draw :) I can't wait.

I really love the design of the tablet itself. I got the white one and I think it's absolutely beautiful. The sound is much nicer than on my Acer Iconia a500.

Auntie
Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Although I got the Grey one the white really looks much more stylish. The speakers on the Note are the best I've seen (heard) on a tablet. All tablets should have quality front facing speakers.

blboyd

Aug 24, 2010
Tom,

Although I can't agree with you on the white... I just like the color the gray - I can certainly agree with you on the front facing speakers. I wondered how long it would take for someone to put them on the front.

Brandon

Although I got the Grey one the white really looks much more stylish. The speakers on the Note are the best I've seen (heard) on a tablet. All tablets should have quality front facing speakers.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I would almost bet that manufacturers are more worried about style and dimension than quality sound from the speakers.

Still nothing bothers me more (well, a few things i guess) than someone that has to show me their latest home video clip or youtube find and I cant hear a thing. With the Note I have the ability to annoy anyone I want with video of my cat doing nothing interesting at all while making sure they hear every word of my cleverly recorded commentary.