Just purchased A500 from Target

k36641

Aug 15, 2011
Hi, Target (and pretty much everyone else) was offering $100 gift card back for the A500. I got further 10% employee discount + 5% red card discount. Final price with tax was $372. My friend got this for me as I do not work at Target myself. Love the tab but I found a stuck pixel somewhere close to the middle of the screen and it has been bugging me. I want to return it for another one but they are out of stock. Not sure how the return will work anyway, need to get my friend to return and since they are OOS, will have to wait till stock comes in, and the "sale" ends this weekend etc etc. Anyone, have experience getting something swapped at Target? Will they just give me a raincheck and call me when stock arrives. Don't really want to bother my friend at Target, cos it would involve, refund, and buying it again. Not sure how it will work with the gift card offer anyway. I tried some pixel fixer apps to see if I can get it unstuck but did not work. How long do I have to run those apps to get it to work? I let it go for 5 mins only. Other alternative is to just try to live with it and ignore it. Problem is, every time I use the tab, I will start looking for the stuck pixel ! Your thoughts/comments? Thanks

Grug

Aug 15, 2011
Why do you have wait for your friend to return. Just produce the docket and say it was a gift to you.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi k36641, welcome to the forum. There should not be a problem exchanging the tablet for another one. You'll need to have the receipt as Grug pointed out. If there's any question you can say you're returning it for your friend or it was a gift.