Keyboard for Samsung Note 10.1

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Yes, thanks I know they are different. Was just commenting that it looked the same.

Right, I had a keyboard dock for my original Galaxy Tab, seems like a long time ago, and they all look about the same. Good keyboards though if I remember correctly. A while back I was looking for the dock for my Note 10.1 and they hadn't been released in the US. I ended up getting a BT keyboard by Logitech that has worked great.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Very nIce, I had a Samsung keyboaed dock with my original 7" Galaxy Tab and found it to be a high quality keyboard. I have yet to find this available, and I broke down and bought a BT keyboard for my Note. I would have prefered to get the docking keyboard.

Does the BT kb work well? I've got one for the a500 but had issues.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
The Logitech keyboard has worked without any real issues, I got the model specifically for Androi 3.0 +. Another cool features is it comes with a case that converts to a stand.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
By the way, I dropped in at the SAMSUNG SHOP, and was told the keyboard works for both the Tab 2 and the NOTE 10.1 - they are selling them that way.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Acording to the Samsung website there is a keyboard dock designed specificaly for and only compatible with the Note 10.1, which makes sense considering the way the dock cradles the tablet and the differents size of the 10.1 vs the Note 10.1

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Tom,

I just checked a few things. The USB CONNECTION KIT P30pin fits both the TAB 2 10.1 and NOTE 10.1. So both 30 pin connectors are the same. The KB for the Tab 2 10.1 has the same part#/item code as the Note 10.1 and retail for the same price. I'll check again.

Actually, I'll take the bit about the same item code back. Note KB item code is EKD-K14, while on the TAB 2 10.1 it is EKD-K12. This only makes sense if they are different. But I have compared the physical size of both tablets and the position of the 30 pin connector - they're both the same. The only difference must be the firmware in the K14 must be higher than the K12 (logical). And thus the note must need a K14 to fulfill the compatibility issues with the many features that the Note has over the Tab 2. Otherwise there appears to be no difference because the 30 pin connector is the same because of the USB KIT which is the same.

The item code for the USB kit is EPL-1PLRBE.

:confused:

Last edited:

Carajp

Aug 9, 2011
I'm using the Belkin Android keyboard on my Note 10.1, and I just love it. At first sight I was alarmed! It seemed so flimsy and it looked like it would just topple over with a tablet in the slot. Instead, it's dead stable and a beautiful keyboard to type on (I'm a 'light touch' typist, and keyboards that need me to pound on them are just a disaster.) Also great (from my point of view!) is it has a UK layout in the UK. You'd be surprised how hard that is to find. :)

Belkin Android Mobile Bluetooth Keyboard: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo

I had some problems with the Samsung keyboard still popping up on screen with an external keyboard attached. But a genius little program called "External Keyboard Helper" fixed that. You have to had the paid version if you're in the UK, or it turns the keyboard back into US layout. But it's under £2.

Last edited:

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Sorry to be so late on this one, but the problem is the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 is 10.1 inches wide, whereas the Note 10.1 is 10.3 inches wide, and the way the tablets slot into the keyboard dock makes them incompatible.

taddea

Apr 11, 2012
I wanted a keyboard that folded so that I could carry it in my purse. I found a nice keyboard at Fry's that folds up nice and small, has about 30 hours on a single charge and doesn't cost an arm and a leg like the Verbatim one. Amazon carries it as well for a little more money. The only issue I have with it is the location of the "B" key. I use a split keyboard at work and the B is on the left half of the keyboard. With the folding keyboard it is on the right and is a bit of a stretch to hit with the left index finger. It just takes a little getting used to it.
[h=1]Eagle Tech, USA Portable Foldable Bluetooth Keyboard for Tablets and Smartphones (ET-KB300BF-WH)[/h]http://www.amazon.com/Eagle-Tech-USA-Smartphones-ET-KB300BF-WH/dp/B001LDTJQG/ref=sr_1_44?ie=UTF8&qid=1374607705&sr=8-44&keywords=Folding+Bluetooth+keyboard