Keyboard with gap in the middle for thumb typing

eugene188

Jun 19, 2011
I saw a screen shot of an app the other day that showed a gap in the middle of the keyboard in portrait mode. I tend to do thumb typing in portrait mode similar to how it would be done on a Blackberry. However my fingers aren't really that long and I find there is too much horizontal travel. the app also had an extra row on top just for numbers.

Does anybody know what app can separate the keyboard into the left and right sides?

..it was pretty stupid of me not to remember the name of the app or try to download it.

TIA

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
It might be thumb keyboard you are talking about.
Gg

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

juanc723

Jul 9, 2011
just search thumb keyboard

i havent been able to find a free app though, anyone know if there is a free thumb keyboard app out there?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Thumb keyboard is the one you're looking for and there is no free version on the market. It appears you can configure the keyboard several different ways to suit your needs.

pwalt

Dec 1, 2010
Also SwiftKey tablet x has it to in landscape mode. 4shared.Com search

I'll also suggest Swiftkey tablet X ... make sure you get the tablet version on not the phone version. I had issues with the purchase initially as the card I was using didn't want to approve the international charge (from UK), but I finally got it working and the predictive text is AWESOME!

I actually wrote out an email last night on it and there were at least two sentences where it predicted the next word over half the time without me touching a letter!

Pam