Keyboard

Dwhindy

Oct 19, 2011
Who has experience with a keyword for the Vtab1008, and which one would you recommend?

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

gjhuff

Oct 30, 2011
So far, Bluetooth keyboards are not supported.

fadefx

Nov 27, 2011
I use hackers keyboard, it has a full 5 row layout...

----------------------------------------
tapatalked

carter5903

Dec 2, 2011
I think the question is about a physical (Bluetooth/USB) keyboard. I am interested it this also. I have heard that bluetooth doesn't work, what about the mini usb keyboards?

bkaler

Oct 13, 2011
I had a question here, now that the vtab is rooted, is there a possibility of adding the support for bt keyboard/mouse ourselves? would it be as easy as adding modules?

bkaler

Oct 13, 2011
I found the FCC testing docs and it states in section 3.1 of the "Test Report - BT" that BT and WiFi don't work at the same time, as they share the same antenna.

Hope the link posts

OET List Exhibits Report

Maybe I'm being stupid here, but I have my BT headphones blasting away and I'm connected on the WIFI, so I'm fairly sure that both work at the same time.

Martel

Nov 14, 2011
Maybe I'm being stupid here, but I have my BT headphones blasting away and I'm connected on the WIFI, so I'm fairly sure that both work at the same time.

Good. I just read it there, so I wasn't sure. You know how the FCC is. Could be they were testing a potato and tomato connected by string

Ken401

Nov 19, 2011
I've yet to figure out how you find these docs on the FCC site, but that was a great find. I am thinking either the FCC was incorrect or perhaps Vizio fixed the issue subsequent to testing. I sure would like for the tablet to support a mouse or keyboard.

Martel

Nov 14, 2011
I found it on the xda forums awhile ago. I had to go back through a BUNCH of posts to find that link again. It's not easy/possible to do it without a reference link

Last edited:

piersol

Nov 12, 2011
I am very interested in a hard-wired or Blue Tooth keyboard for this device. If there is a legit hack that can achieve this please let me know. I will pay for a working solution.

sora72

Aug 22, 2011
The Vizio tablet doesn't support Bluetooth HID (human interface device), which mean mice and keyboards. Vizio states this on their vtab product info site. However, Bluetooth headphones don't fall into the HID category and work just fine.

Also, Bluetooth and wi-fi work fine together. My Droid X connects to my wi-if router and supports my Moto Bluetooth keyboard just fine.

bkaler

Oct 13, 2011
besides the fact that the tablet doesn't support HID's out of the box, we have root now so it's possible the bluetooth stack could be replaced with one that does, whether or not that requires a custom rom or not is sort of the grey area for me.