Bluetooth Keyboard

eluna

Nov 8, 2011
Can anyone recommend a Bluetooth Keyboard that works well w/ Vizio? Do Motorola's special hot keys work?

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

swynkoop

Nov 9, 2011
I have gotten the Targus Bluetooth Keyboard to "pair" with the Vizio tablet. Am getting a further message that the Keyboard is not connected. I'll be checking with Targus tomorrow to see what they say. Will report.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I had the same issue using another tablet with a Bluetooth dongle. I was able to use an Apple Wireless Keyboard after installing BlueKeyboard JP apk from Market (free). It didn't work in the beginning, but I eventually was able to type using the bt keyboard. Maybe it works with Vizio as well.

eluna

Nov 8, 2011
No bluetooth keyboards work with the current Vizio tablet. Some have heard that this will be addressed with future updates.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

:mad: What's the point of putting the Bluetooth feature on it? I guess they think most will use it as a toy and only connect headphones.

eluna

Nov 8, 2011
I have gotten the Targus Bluetooth Keyboard to "pair" with the Vizio tablet. Am getting a further message that the Keyboard is not connected. I'll be checking with Targus tomorrow to see what they say. Will report.

Please let me know what you find.

eluna

Nov 8, 2011
I had the same issue using another tablet with a Bluetooth dongle. I was able to use an Apple Wireless Keyboard after installing BlueKeyboard JP apk from Market (free). It didn't work in the beginning, but I eventually was able to type using the bt keyboard. Maybe it works with Vizio as well.

My nephew has an Apple keyboard. I'll try it and report back my results. Thanks.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
My nephew has an Apple keyboard. I'll try it and report back my results. Thanks.

I think BlueKeyboard JP should work with any BT keyboard, not just the one from Apple...

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
:mad: What's the point of putting the Bluetooth feature on it? I guess they think most will use it as a toy and only connect headphones.
Or headsets for VoIP - but I haven't been able to get those working, either. It's on The List I plan to send Vizio.

TBH, and with all due respect, I'm not getting the BT keyboard thing. To me the advantage of something like the VTAB is not having to lug around a keyboard. But to each his or her own, I guess.

Jim

swynkoop

Nov 9, 2011
Took my Targus keyboard back. Will not work. Talked to Vizio tech support today. The person I talked to said Vizio is working to address both the Bluetooth and sideways Skype issues. He repeated the falsehood that Astro will fix the external card problem. Told him it does not, and said Vizio should have somebody monitoring this forum to find out what is really going on among the customer base. Had to return and exchange my Vizio at Sam's Club today. Microphone and audio output had both stopped working. Did hard reboot to clean tablet completely, but still didn't work. Now have to re-install, rebuild all apps.

droid_dude

Oct 10, 2011
Took my Targus keyboard back. Will not work. Talked to Vizio tech support today. The person I talked to said Vizio is working to address both the Bluetooth and sideways Skype issues. He repeated the falsehood that Astro will fix the external card problem. Told him it does not, and said Vizio should have somebody monitoring this forum to find out what is really going on among the customer base. Had to return and exchange my Vizio at Sam's Club today. Microphone and audio output had both stopped working. Did hard reboot to clean tablet completely, but still didn't work. Now have to re-install, rebuild all apps.

I find it unbelievable that the Vizio Customer Support people still don't understand or recognize the external SDCARD issue. This makes me feel less confident that the right feedback is getting to the Vizio Development folks. Why would they fix something that they don't recognize as a problem?

I have come to the conclusion that I need to face the reality that this might never get fixed and that I have to decide if I can live with that...only a few more weeks until I can return this thing to Costco.

sora72

Aug 22, 2011
It would be worth pointing Vizio Support to the "Vizio Tablet Enhancement Request" Facebook page. One of the top priorities is the sd card issue, and it's explained in detail. Hopefully the number of votes (likes) reflects the number of people who want to see the enhancement request addressed by Vizio.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

sora72

Aug 22, 2011
Also, go to Vizio's facebook site. They recently posted a question about what customers wanted to add to their wishlist. I replied using the "Vizio Tablet - Enhancement Requests" facebook account indicating that many people are following the enhancement request facebook page and are expressing their desire to see the Vizio resolve the sd card issue, add bluetooth keyboard functionality, and upgrade the vtab to ICS. I added a link to that post pointing back to the enhancement request facebook page.

Hopefully, someone at Vizio will browse that page.