Kinpad I600 7" Capacitive, Phone 3G GPS Wifi HDMI 2.2

Orson

Feb 23, 2011
The price of the Galaxy Tab has dropped quite a bit here in the UK but the Kinpad’s still around £100 cheaper (Galaxy Tab currently retails at £400).

I’m happy with the unit but having difficulty with sound on MKV files – the image is truly stunning but no sound. The sound is fine on YouTube and DivxHD files but I don’t get anything with MKVs.

Anyone else having problems with MKV files?

Any recommendations?

Once I get this working I’ll start looking at connecting it to my HDTV.

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
That was JUST the standby time, I only checked on the battery life every once in a while. I think continuous usage is hard to compare, some activities drain the battery more than others.

That is very good battery life. I only get about a day on mine, I must be doing something wrong.

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
The price of the Galaxy Tab has dropped quite a bit here in the UK but the Kinpad’s still around £100 cheaper (Galaxy Tab currently retails at £400).

I’m happy with the unit but having difficulty with sound on MKV files – the image is truly stunning but no sound. The sound is fine on YouTube and DivxHD files but I don’t get anything with MKVs.

Anyone else having problems with MKV files?

Any recommendations?

Once I get this working I’ll start looking at connecting it to my HDTV.

I have the same problem with some AVI files. I think it doesn't have codecs to play all audio types and the way the type of audio encoded with the video may be the problem.

Orson

Feb 23, 2011
No HDMI, so no one has to worry about that. Just use a BlueRay player!

You can get docking stations with HDMI out, also Apple announced a new 'HDMI cable' (30-pin USB to HDMI) but not sure if this will work with Kinpad plus I can't find anyone selling it?

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
You can get docking stations with HDMI out, also Apple announced a new 'HDMI cable' (30-pin USB to HDMI) but not sure if this will work with Kinpad plus I can't find anyone selling it?

I've tried putting my Kinpad in an Ipod speaker dock and it fits backward. The connector is backward from the Ipod connector (On my device , I cannot speack for anyone else.) Needless to say, I wasn't able to play audio through the dock even though it faced backward. So unless they start to make accessories for the Kinpad in the near future I don't think substituting Ipod cables and accessories will work or it may just be hit or miss.

eprom101

Feb 15, 2011
I was under the impression that the manufacturers March or April units came with HDMI conversion cable. shan shan chin from showchina told me this but Ive seen & heard alot of misleading information. I built an HTPC with WMC7 on a 62' HDTV with ceton infinitv4 card 8Tbs of drive space feeding TV data across 1000mbps network to 4 xbox360 units as extenders ,so Im not really worried about HDMI.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:

Orson

Feb 23, 2011
I was under the impression that the manufacturers March or April units came with HDMI conversion cable. shan shan chin from showchina told me this but Ive seen & heard alot of misleading information. I built an HTPC with WMC7 on a 62' HDTV with ceton infinitv4 card 8Tbs of drive space feeding TV data across 1000mbps network to 4 xbox360 units as extenders ,so Im not really worried about HDMI.

So if your unit doesn't come with a HDMI conversion cable it sounds like you're just the man to be able to knock some up?

eprom101

Feb 15, 2011
So if your unit doesn't come with a HDMI conversion cable it sounds like you're just the man to be able to knock some up?

I dont know because I purchased mine from merimobiles not showchina and I have no idea where merimobiles is getting their stock or what generation kinpad I am getting. I will definitely post my findings as soon as I receive my unit, which I hope isn't a long wait. It would be helpful if we all had some type of part numbers on the kinpad so we could decipher the generation of each unit.

Last edited:

eprom101

Feb 15, 2011
Its very doubtful any apple exterior accessories will work with the kinpad as a matter of fact, I myself wouldn't plug an incompatible unknown cable into the unit unless I knew 100% it will work. Voltage across the wrong pins could damage the electronics or erase the rom.

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
I dont know because I purchased mine from merimobiles not showchina and I have no idea where merimobiles is getting their stock or what generation kinpad I am getting. I will definitely post my findings as soon as I receive my unit, which I hope isn't a long wait. It would be helpful if we all had some type of part numbers on the kinpad so we could decipher the generation of each unit.

If you get a HDMI cable that would be great, because that means some accessories maybe on the way. But who would actually plug a mobile device into a TV to watch a video? At home most people have computers in the family room or some kind of gaming system to that can do it already. I travel often in in the many hotels I've stayed in (some expensive and some cheap) very few hotels have LCD TV's with a an accessible HDMI port. So though its a nice geeky feature to have it will probably never get used IMO.

Orson

Feb 23, 2011
Toby – who you calling a geek? :p

I’m able to plug my laptop into my HDTV which is good, but I’d be much happier if I could do it with the Kinpad (at 1080p) as there’s going to be more and more content available for download and H.264 is far better quality than what’s currently being broadcast by terrestrial stations (well in the UK anyway).

To me one of the most impressive features of the Kinpad is it's ability to play full 1080p which is a bit lost on the 7" 1024 X 600 screen, so if this can be plugged into a large format television then so much the better.

Looking forward to seeing what Eprom has delivered.

Orson

Feb 23, 2011

Agreed - but does the Kinpad have any sort of part/model number other than I600 and the OS build numbers?

barisg

Mar 3, 2011
Toby – who you calling a geek? :p
I’m able to plug my laptop into my HDTV which is good, but I’d be much happier if I could do it with the Kinpad (at 1080p) as there’s going to be more and more content available for download and H.264 is far better quality than what’s currently being broadcast by terrestrial stations (well in the UK anyway).

To me one of the most impressive features of the Kinpad is it's ability to play full 1080p which is a bit lost on the 7" 1024 X 600 screen, so if this can be plugged into a large format television then so much the better.

Looking forward to seeing what Eprom has delivered.

The screen resolution of this device is 1024 x 600. If you want to play 1080p video, the resolution of the video is 1920×1080 pixels! So, even if the device supports 1080p video play, it would be much better to watch it on Full HD LCD/LED TV. I already suggested ChinaShow to implement HDMI out on the next batches but not sure what will they do. I guess they would like to avoid paying additional licence for HDMI, but they would better find a solution for this issue. 30pin to HDMI could be an option, if available.

If you get a HDMI cable that would be great, because that means some accessories maybe on the way. But who would actually plug a mobile device into a TV to watch a video? At home most people have computers in the family room or some kind of gaming system to that can do it already. I travel often in in the many hotels I've stayed in (some expensive and some cheap) very few hotels have LCD TV's with a an accessible HDMI port. So though its a nice geeky feature to have it will probably never get used IMO.

tobyw01, everybody plays the movie on tablet and connect it to LCD/LED TV via HDMI out or TV out? Why dont you do so?

Last edited:

eprom101

Feb 15, 2011
Another problem for manufacturers is audio across HDMI this is most likely the reason kinpad has no HDMI out.