Kinpad I600 7" Capacitive, Phone 3G GPS Wifi HDMI 2.2

Orson

Feb 23, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Tab does not have any HDMI out just like Kinpad but has DLNA feature that enables the device to connect to Samsung LCD/LED/Plazma Tv.

I see there’s a new cradle out for the Galaxy Tab with HDMI out so I’m thinking of giving that a try. As mentioned before I don’t get any sound from my Kinpad playing an MKV file (but works fine when converted to MP4).

Will the cradle work and will it play the file at its native resolution of 1920 x 1080 or the Kinpad’s screen resolution of 1024 x 600?

Any thoughts and/or recommendations very much appreciated.

eprom101

Feb 15, 2011
I see there’s a new cradle out for the Galaxy Tab with HDMI out so I’m thinking of giving that a try. As mentioned before I don’t get any sound from my Kinpad playing an MKV file (but works fine when converted to MP4).

Will the cradle work and will it play the file at its native resolution of 1920 x 1080 or the Kinpad’s screen resolution of 1024 x 600?

Any thoughts and/or recommendations very much appreciated.

Im still tring to find a D/C charger for my truck. Can anyone confirm that their kinpad is been successfully charged via D/C current. I may have an issue with my kinpad. Please...if you can list the make and model of the D/C socket charge unit. Thanks in advance.

Here is that cheap a$$ cable from the inside
$cable 001.JPG

pencil.png

Attachments

• $cable 002.JPG
    $cable 002.JPG
    460.1 KB · Views: 296

eprom101

Feb 15, 2011
This is frustrating theres nothing wrong with the cheap A$$ cable. Either my cheap A$$ wall charger died or my Kinpad battery just died. I cannot find a replacement charger anywhere. .

WARNING : start looking for a replacement for yourself right now, be prepared.:mad::mad:

eprom101

Feb 15, 2011
Well.......I found out its not the cables or charger. I put the factory firmware on the device and same issue. The crazy thing about it is the kinpad will only charge when it is turned off. When the device is powered on with the charger connected the android charging icon will not animate nor will it show charging under battery settings status, it only shows current charge and discharging. Looks like Im next to send mine back, but Im getting a different tablet, too many issues out of the kinpad and Ive only had it three months. :(:(:( Cant find any chargers compatible with it. Memory keep getting corrupted , crashes randomly , weak network signal , its getting slower processing speeds than when I first got it , cheap charger and cables , no optional way to charge , gps works only sometimes and when I mean sometimes I mean its useless , no new updates , accelerometer gets stuck , requires multiple reboots throughout the day , cant update google maps , flash runs poorly / jittery , no sound on some mkv playback, Phone function crashes intermently causing reboot , sound stops responding have to reboot to get sound back , constantly miss calls with no ring heard........and many many more the list goes on!:mad:

Last edited:

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
Well.......I found out its not the cables or charger. I put the factory firmware on the device and same issue. The crazy thing about it is the kinpad will only charge when it is turned off. When the device is powered on with the charger connected the android charging icon will not animate nor will it show charging under battery settings status, it only shows current charge and discharging. Looks like Im next to send mine back, but Im getting a different tablet, too many issues out of the kinpad and Ive only had it three months. :(:(:( Cant find any chargers compatible with it. Memory keep getting corrupted , crashes randomly , weak network signal , its getting slower processing speeds than when I first got it , cheap charger and cables , no optional way to charge , gps works only sometimes and when I mean sometimes I mean its useless , no new updates , accelerometer gets stuck , requires multiple reboots throughout the day , cant update google maps , flash runs poorly / jittery , no sound on some mkv playback, Phone function crashes intermently causing reboot , sound stops responding have to reboot to get sound back , constantly miss calls with no ring heard........and many many more the list goes on!:mad:

Sorry for the bad experience. I'm still waiting to get mine back I hope its better.

Sent from EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

maxsim

May 10, 2011
Anyone manage to install Original Google Map?
I had removed Brut Google Map from the system\app directory but when i try to install Google Map from google market, it will download but failed to install.
I even try to copy the apk into the phone to install and face the same problem.

Orson

Feb 23, 2011
Well.......I found out its not the cables or charger. I put the factory firmware on the device and same issue. The crazy thing about it is the kinpad will only charge when it is turned off. When the device is powered on with the charger connected the android charging icon will not animate nor will it show charging under battery settings status, it only shows current charge and discharging. Looks like Im next to send mine back....

I haven't used my kinpad much but am just now starting to get into it, so it'll be interesting to see how it fairs over the next month or two with some heavy use.

I purchased a Nokia Bluetooth headset (BH 214) so that I could use it as a phone but to my surprise the quality of music is surprisingly good too!

The phone features are great as are browsing and gmail (I even have my Outlook calendar sync'd with it).

So overall I'm still happy.

Orson

Feb 23, 2011
Anyone manage to install Original Google Map?
I had removed Brut Google Map from the system\app directory but when i try to install Google Map from google market, it will download but failed to install.
I even try to copy the apk into the phone to install and face the same problem.

Installed and runs on my kinpad.

Orson

Feb 23, 2011
How did you install it?
Did you remove the Brut Map from system/app?

Care to share more.

Ah, sorry about that just checked and it's Brut Map that I have; should have read your comment a bit more closely! As it's working I'm going to leave it alone.

Mr Dasher

Jan 8, 2011
i really like my Kinpad . i travel a lot and the form size and 3g hits the spot. It's not a speed demon but good enough to watch movies, surf and email, eread,etc. my basic needs might explain why i don't have a lot problems the other owners have.

i think the biggest issue is the lack of developer support. Most problems i have read about with the kinpad are similar to other android tablets. Just read other forums that have tablets with the same CPU as the kinpad and you'll read about poor flash playback,etc. i own a Malata Zpad and it was really awful out of the box now after installing a custom rom i love it. With a custom i'm able to overclock my new Asus Transformer to 1.6ghz within a couple of weeks of it being released. There's been nothing done with the kinpad.

if the kinpad manufactures are reading this you really should at least release ver 2.3

Last edited:

jerevilla

Jun 15, 2011
Hello, i have a i600 and the firmware for 2.3 - I tried it on my i600 but it is still unstable, it is only evidence seems to me
but there are basic performance and features major improvements in 2.3,
not only that final version can not do some things like
use the camera, enter the market and others.

busta

Sep 24, 2010
Hi all...does the device have an custom os yet?
I have this device for over 5 month now...it seems my gps doesnt working..any advice?

Sent from my I600 using Tapatalk

Orson

Feb 23, 2011
Hi all...does the device have an custom os yet?
I have this device for over 5 month now...it seems my gps doesnt working..any advice?

Welcome Busta!

There's been some discussion re: GPS/A-GPS earlier in this thread. Go to page 11 and you'll see (it may start a couple of pages before).

maxsim

May 10, 2011
Hi All,

Does anyone experience any out of memory problem on the Kinpad i600?
I tot it is suppose to have 512MB for installation.