Lenovo A2109A-F Tablet Problem

pindero

Jan 31, 2013
Hello all,
I have one of these tablets and I’m having problems with it, I have factory set it many times and still cannot get it to work properly. When I try to sign in the keyboard will type a 1 instead of l I have tried changing the keyboard but the tablet shows the box grey and won’t change, also the tablet will freeze most of the time.When I try to sync It shows Sync in progress but doesn’t do anything. I know its an old tablet but its hardly been used. Is it worth taking it to a computer shop or bin it and save my money? I’m not very technical but wondered if the OS is corrupt and can it be repaired? Thanks for any help given Alan.
It is 4.1.1.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Try entering the device's recovery mode to perform the factory reset, rather than performing the reset through Android's settings menu. For some odd reason the factory reset through recovery tends to be a bit more thorough than the one done from Android. However, be prepared for the real (and likely) possibility that you're going to have to dispose of the tablet. Based on the symptoms described, you're encountering a hardware issue, not firmware. Even if it could be fixed, with a tablet that's over five years old now it simply isn't worth it.

pindero

Jan 31, 2013
Hello Traveller, Thanks for getting back to me. I have done the recovery by pressing the volume + and start button and also the reset in the settings. I know its an old tablet but its hardly been used. I have a samsung tab 3. 7inch T210 tablet and it works perfect. I think it would be better If I binned it. Thanks again Alan.