Looking for cheap but decent tablets that will be rented by clients

erebrus

Nov 23, 2011
Hi all,
I'm collaborating in the development of a digital touristic guide and I'll also I'm trying to identify suitable tablets for this app. Clients will be renting tablets with the guide, so of course there isn't an interested in having a state of the art tablet, but just something that has a nice price/quality ratio, on the cheap side, easily-portable (maybe even one of those rectangular ones that you can hold in one hand) and if possible somewhat sturdy. Performance doesn't need to be awesome, since the tablets are only supposed to run this digital guide (which consists of map, playing short videos and displaying text and images).

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hi all,
I'm collaborating in the development of a digital touristic guide and I'll also I'm trying to identify suitable tablets for this app. Clients will be renting tablets with the guide, so of course there isn't an interested in having a state of the art tablet, but just something that has a nice price/quality ratio, on the cheap side, easily-portable (maybe even one of those rectangular ones that you can hold in one hand) and if possible somewhat sturdy. Performance doesn't need to be awesome, since the tablets are only supposed to run this digital guide (which consists of map, playing short videos and displaying text and images).

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi erebrus, welcome to the forum, maybe you can take a look at our: Android Tablet PC. you may find some of your interest here with good price!hope you can find what you want!

bclinger

Aug 11, 2011
Cheap? I think making an impression would involve not going "cheap." I would not spend $800, but something that provides a good experience, good battery life and so forth. Cheap does none of those.

RobKort

Nov 23, 2011
Probably Lenovo's Idea Pad A1 will fit the bill there.

Sent from Rob's TapadaAtrix :)

skoster

Apr 1, 2011
I'd go with something solid if I were you, a cheap tablet is quite expensive when you have to replace it every couple weeks when someone damages it. It's even mopre expensive when you can't make any profit because too many of the tablets are damaged and you have none for clients to rent.