Looking for Custom roms for MID7035-4 Tablet

Black_Lantern

Sep 30, 2012
I have found the rooting guides for this tablet which seem to be a bit longwinded but they work nonetheless however I am trying to find a custom rom that will have the google play already set to go, the tablet is my wife's and getjar is a completely terrible app store, if you could even call it that. She is also not very tech saavy which means that she will not be able to do manual installs of apps.

I have searched and searched but nothing has come up so I finally decided to ask for some assistance on the matter.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
There are no custom ROMs for the 7033 or 7035. The only feasible way I know of to get Google apps onto the tablet is to use the Android Debug Bridge software to push them to the proper locations on the tablet. This is because the 7033 and 7035 don't even have a custom recovery to allow for installing flashable zip files.

If you don't want to go that route, install Amazon's Appstore. While it doesn't have the quantity of apps that are in the Play Store most of the really popular apps found on the Play Store are also in the Amazon Appstore.

EDIT: There is a ROM dump in the Development Index which includes Google Apps. Search for a thread by vampirefo on how to restore using one of these in Generation 3 Development.

EDIT 2: There is yet another means of getting the apps onto the tablet, which only requires using ES File Explorer, which should already be installed. Read this blog post and follow steps 2B and 3.

Last edited:

Black_Lantern

Sep 30, 2012
Dude, you are awesome! I had no idea about the amazon app store, that has everything I was looking to get on the tabet for her!

Black_Lantern

Sep 30, 2012
So i got it rooted no problem. Now I am trying to push the apps with the ES File explorer, however everytime i try to copy and paste it fails to copy the apk, so now I am downloading the android sdk to try to use the adb on them

Jake39786

Dec 27, 2012
Sorry i am going off topic, but what program did you use to root it? I can't seem to get any of them to work. :(

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
The tool is in Generation 3 Development under the Development Index and Root Utility sticky. Read everything. Don't skim it, and be patient. Otherwise you can do irreparable harm to your tablet.

Antman1

Jan 3, 2013
There are no custom ROMs for the 7033 or 7035. The only feasible way I know of to get Google apps onto the tablet is to use the Android Debug Bridge software to push them to the proper locations on the tablet. This is because the 7033 and 7035 don't even have a custom recovery to allow for installing flashable zip files.

If you don't want to go that route, install Amazon's Appstore. While it doesn't have the quantity of apps that are in the Play Store most of the really popular apps found on the Play Store are also in the Amazon Appstore.

EDIT: There is a ROM dump in the Development Index which includes Google Apps. Search for a thread by vampirefo on how to restore using one of these in Generation 3 Development.

EDIT 2: There is yet another means of getting the apps onto the tablet, which only requires using ES File Explorer, which should already be installed. Read this blog post and follow steps 2B and 3.

I just tried this and the core apps fail to install. I really want to root this device and try a custom rom with google apps preinstalled but the root utility isnt working for me. I heard that it was patched and some have gotten around it but I have not had anyone respond with the way they did it or the files they used. Can anyone help me on this? Is was a gift to my wife for Christmas and Amazon App store installed the Kindle app but XfinityTV Player app isnt there and I sent it from my phone over from Play Store but it keeps crashing not working right.