Looking for the right firmware...

thonjompson

Apr 29, 2012
Hey everyone, I've been using this forum for reference for a while now but finally decided to join. I live in the US and recently purchased an Ideos S7 slim from eBay. I really am not sure exactly what model it is but I can tell you that it came with android 2.2.2, has gps and 2 cameras. I do not use it as a phone and only need it to operate on wifi. The firmware that came with it had no apps or anything even hinting that it could serve as a phone, which was perfect for me. The problem was that the gps didn't work. Yesterday, I had to change the firmware because I made the mistake of installing a 3rd party launcher. I installed an Indonesian copy and it works fine and allows the gps to work. My only probably with it is that it comes full of apps for using it as a phone which I will never use. I would really prefer not to root to remove these apps because I don't know what I'm doing. Is there a firmware I can install that will work with the cameras, gps and wifi (not 3g) but have limited bloatware? Thanks!

Zekaisapa

Sep 5, 2011
Hey everyone, I've been using this forum for reference for a while now but finally decided to join. I live in the US and recently purchased an Ideos S7 slim from eBay. I really am not sure exactly what model it is but I can tell you that it came with android 2.2.2, has gps and 2 cameras. I do not use it as a phone and only need it to operate on wifi. The firmware that came with it had no apps or anything even hinting that it could serve as a phone, which was perfect for me. The problem was that the gps didn't work. Yesterday, I had to change the firmware because I made the mistake of installing a 3rd party launcher. I installed an Indonesian copy and it works fine and allows the gps to work. My only probably with it is that it comes full of apps for using it as a phone which I will never use. I would really prefer not to root to remove these apps because I don't know what I'm doing. Is there a firmware I can install that will work with the cameras, gps and wifi (not 3g) but have limited bloatware? Thanks!
You can try Tri_Zet Ideos S7 Slim Mod rom, find it on this forum, its really light and everything works.