Lost Auto WiFi

mickkassem

Aug 23, 2011
After charging the A500 and turning it back on, it doesn't automatically connect to my homes wifi. I can go to settings and select it and select Connect and it connects immediately. Is there a setting somewhere that makes it auto again?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
You can try forgetting it and then add it back from scratch.

gerryex

Apr 30, 2011
After charging the A500 and turning it back on, it doesn't automatically connect to my homes wifi. I can go to settings and select it and select Connect and it connects immediately. Is there a setting somewhere that makes it auto again?

Mine also started to do that after the update to ICS, but sometimes it DOES remember the connection and connect automatically. If it doesn't it takes a few seconds to go into the Wi Fi setup and tell it to connect. I do notice that it does reconnect much faster in ICS than it did in HC. I have not tried "forgetting" the connection and then setting it up again but its working well enough for me that I don't mind it if I have to tell it to connect when it doesn't do it automatically.

Gerry

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Mine also started to do that after the update to ICS, but sometimes it DOES remember the connection and connect automatically. If it doesn't it takes a few seconds to go into the Wi Fi setup and tell it to connect. I do notice that it does reconnect much faster in ICS than it did in HC. I have not tried "forgetting" the connection and then setting it up again but its working well enough for me that I don't mind it if I have to tell it to connect when it doesn't do it automatically.

Gerry
It does take a little bit of time to connect. Also it does depends how busy the airwaves are around your area. As suggested, might be easier you told your tablet to forget all wifi connections that it remembers then try find them again - a kind of refresh.

gerryex

Apr 30, 2011
It does take a little bit of time to connect. Also it does depends how busy the airwaves are around your area. As suggested, might be easier you told your tablet to forget all wifi connections that it remembers then try find them again - a kind of refresh.

Hi Douvie,

I'm heading off on a trip to France in a couple of weeks and the A500 was bought specifically as a travel companion. So even though doing what you suggest should not affect its operation on other Wi Fi networks (it worked very nicely last year also to France and readily connected to several other networks) I'm not going to change a thing until I get back from my trip!! For now, if it works I'm not going to change any settings!!!

Gerry

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Hi Douvie,

I'm heading off on a trip to France in a couple of weeks and the A500 was bought specifically as a travel companion. So even though doing what you suggest should not affect its operation on other Wi Fi networks (it worked very nicely last year also to France and readily connected to several other networks) I'm not going to change a thing until I get back from my trip!! For now, if it works I'm not going to change any settings!!!

Gerry
No worries Gerry - have fun on your trip. I was just suggesting it because I have found it does improve things just a tad. As long as you're happy with it - which is all that really matters - as I am with mine. ICS has been okay so far.

gerryex

Apr 30, 2011
No worries Gerry - have fun on your trip. I was just suggesting it because I have found it does improve things just a tad. As long as you're happy with it - which is all that really matters - as I am with mine. ICS has been okay so far.

Thanks, Douvie! What's really interesting is that about 50% of the time when I turn it on (I always power off and never put it into sleep mode) my home Wi Fi comes up automatically and 50% of the time it comes up saying no connection. For the latter once I've entered my un-lock PIN I just go into the Wi Fi setup and my home Wi Fi is showing, just tap on it to connect and in a few seconds its all connected. I can find no rhyme nor reason as to why it some times does connect automatically and some times I have to manually connect.

After I get back from my trip I will then "forget" my home Wi Fi and then re-connect it up and see if that makes the auto connect work more often.

Gerry