manual update to 1.2

ck1

Feb 13, 2011
well i must really be missing or doing something wrong.

where do i drop the 1.2 update to get my NC to update. think i am putting in wrong spot

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
It goes on the root (not in any folder) of the internal nook memory. After you place it there is should install within about 5 minutes after sleeping (you can put it to sleep by tapping the power button).

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Per the instructions at NOOK Color Software Update - Version 1.2.0 - Barnes*&*Noble

3. Connect your NOOK Color to your computer using the USB cable that came with your NOOK Color. A new, removable drive should show up in My Computer (Mac users will see the NOOK Color drive appear on the desktop or in devices). You should also see a "USB Mode" message on your NOOK Color screen.

4. From your computer, drag and drop the downloaded *.ZIP file onto the main directory of the NOOK Color drive. Do NOT unzip the file. You should not create a new folder on the NOOK Color drive or add the file to any other existing folder.

5. Eject or Safely Remove the NOOK Color drive after the file transfer is complete.

6. Your NOOK Color will automatically recognize the file after a few minutes or when it goes to sleep mode, and proceed to install the updates.

7. Please do not turn off your NOOK Color during the installation process.

Kallen

May 18, 2011
my nook color is at 1.0.1 and I got the update zip from the B&N website, and I loaded it onto the nook internal memory but I put it to sleep and about 10 minutes later I wake it up by the 'n' button and it hasn't detected the update . . . how do I get it to start?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
my nook color is at 1.0.1 and I got the update zip from the B&N website, and I loaded it onto the nook internal memory but I put it to sleep and about 10 minutes later I wake it up by the 'n' button and it hasn't detected the update . . . how do I get it to start?

Are you sure it is in the root of the nook internal memory? Do you have an SD card installed? If an SD card is installed and you plug in the Nook to the PC via USB it will show two drives, one for Nook internal and one for the SD card. It is possible inthis situation that you placed the file in the wrong drive.

Also the file should not be unzipped. Make sure the zip file is placed on the internal memory. These are two of the more common errors.

Kallen

May 18, 2011
twice I've placed the zip in the root of the internal memory (no SD card) and waited a few minutes after ejecting, and putting it to sleep, I just checked and both times the update didn't go through and the zip disappeared
I haven't gotten the little green 'n' in the status bar, no update notification, settings still reports 1.0.1

don't know if it helps, but I just flashed back to stock 1.0.1 after running CM7
I still have clockwork on my SD sitting on my desk . . . can I use that to flash 1.2?

[edit] since I had CM7 installed that's probably the source of my consternation

[edit] got it working :D
YAY :D :D :D

found the right zip to load with clockwork, and did the 8x reboot thing :D

Last edited: