Market- Update

HD87

May 14, 2011
Download -> View attachment $Market_3.1.5.zip

$screen_20110930_1947.png $screen_20110930_1949.png $screen_20110930_1949_1.png $screen_20110930_1951.png

Last edited:

HD87

May 14, 2011
I agree-why ask the members to dl something without some details on what it does.

Thanks'- Ken
It's a NEW version of the Market.
Download & uncompress on your PC, transfer apk to your tablet & install.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Why not wait till it comes to your tablet on the next update, or when pushed by Google?

I've already got this version on the Nexus One, and believe me its very annoying. Its actually harder
to find your updates because they push so much advertising in your face.

Does anyone know if 3.2 will install OTA after this is installed?

Apparently there is no real value in installing this"

There is a new version of the Android Market app available for download now. It's a challenge to see how it is different, because it looks identical, but from the reports we have been hearing, it is faster. This leads us to believe that the primary changes they made were simply optimizations and improvements for performance. If you notice anything else that seems different sound off in the forums. Here's a download link below, and a source link to XDA for originally finding the story.

Above from:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ket-app-version-3-1-5-available-download.html

Note that this is not the very latest version either. There is a 3.1.6 version floating around which is supposedly designed explicitly for tablets.

I can't say that I really recommend giving non-substandardly delivered components like Market the authority to access my Google account. Especially when, by all accounts if provides no additional benefits.

Last edited:

HD87

May 14, 2011
Like waiting for 3.2 to be released in the US? lol No thanks.
I found this version of the Market to be an improvement.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I found this version of the Market to be an improvement.

Please be specific.

Because all anyone else is seeing is a slight (very slight - borderline imaginary) speed improvement.
So if you've discovered something missed by all the people on XDA, by all means enlighten us...

HD87

May 14, 2011
Please be specific.

Because all anyone else is seeing is a slight (very slight - borderline imaginary) speed improvement.
So if you've discovered something missed by all the people on XDA, by all means enlighten us...
Being able to rotate from landscape is an improvement.
Test it out for yourself.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Being able to rotate from landscape is an improvement.
Test it out for yourself.

Ok, that's pretty cool. Works on my Nexus One.

Still, Not bothering to install this zip till I know it won't hork up 3.2 OTA.

HD87

May 14, 2011
It did not replace the current Market, just installed as another apk you can uninstall, shouldn't hork up 3.2, give it a try! ;)

I'm on a custom ROM though. Might want a 2nd opinion from a stock ROM user, if it replaces or not.

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
I have that version on the Droid X2. The cool thing is if you go into setting, you can opt to have a PIN entered before purchasing. That comes in handy when letting the kids play Kids Jigsaw and they unintentionally try to buy everything they see ;)

Which reminds me to ask, the whole cloud thing is confusing. If I set the PIN on the Droid X2, will I need to use the PIN when I buy thing from the tablet.
Is it for the device or account?

Last edited: