Meaning of widget icon?

jabby

Apr 22, 2011
I installed a "Power" widget on my 7024 and it gives me a toolbar with four icons; a WiFi on/off, a tap to brighten icon, a USB device/host icon and round icon with arrows pointing in a clockwise fashion that dims or brightens when you tap it but doesn't seem to do anything. Can anybody tell me its purpose is?

Thanks - John

MelGrubb

May 17, 2011
That enables background syncing of stuff like calendars, email, etc. I can't say that every program will respect this setting, but most of the "official" ones should, at least. Turning off background syncing will make the battery last longer, and stops the annoying behavior where every so often the screen will just turn itself on and off.

Ray50

Apr 24, 2011
Ah so that is why my 8024 wakes up from time to time...must be checking exchange email or calender. Yes I just check and it will check once per hour. If I remember I will put it in 'Airplane' mode so it stays asleep.

That "Power" widget sounds like a nice set of short cuts....

Ray50

Apr 24, 2011
'Long Press' did not show any thing BUT I have 2 small dots on the home page in the lower left and right corners that let me go one page Left and Right of the home page.

Power Widgets are one page right of the home page along with a music control bar for PLAY STOP VOLUME and NEXT song on the 8024.

I wounder if the 7024 and 8024 are 'exactly' the same expect for screen size?